Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 01, 2007

Old     (jaxboarder)      Join Date: Dec 2001       04-09-2007, 8:48 AM Reply   
I'm thinking about getting a boat towards the end of the season and I've been looking at all the reviews and what not, but I really wanna know about real world experience with these boats. I'm looking to spend 40-45, and I need at least 21' and a trailer w/ that. I know the basic X1/used 210 team deal, but what about the newer 'budget' boats. The Moomba XLV, the Malibu Vride, the Centurions...how do these boats stack up to getting a used Mastercraft or Super Air? I understand that the Vride is the same hull as the VLX from a few years ago, so it could potentially throw a massive wake, but how does it handle in chop? Basically I need something that throws a good wake, and has room for 6 or 7 people to spread out, and still handles rough water when I go for a cruise.

My parents had an 02 Tige 23v for a few years and that was a great boat, but the wake washed out real bad if you rode with anything longer than a 55' rope.

What would you buy with that price range? If you have any of those boats and have wake pics, that would help too.

Thanks!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-09-2007, 9:04 AM Reply   
My thoughts on the 210-GREAT BOAT......BUT..... You are pushing it space wise if you are talking 7 people out regularly. It is also not a boat you want to be out rough water cruising with, though I am not sure any inboard is a good boat to cruise around in, let alone a 21'er.
Old     (mnwake476)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-09-2007, 9:05 AM Reply   
the Vride is an awesome boat the wake is very nice and the fit and finish is also top notch. I've never had a chance to drive the Vride in rough water but it seemed solid when we did D-ups
Old     (jaxboarder)      Join Date: Dec 2001       04-09-2007, 9:11 AM Reply   
E.J., The rough water ability is more important than interior space, really. So I guess the 210 is out on both counts.

What about the new tiges? Has the wake gotten any better in the last few years?
Old     (skier12)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-09-2007, 9:57 AM Reply   
XLV might be the way to go if your going to consistently have 6-7 people in the boat. Its definately the most boat for the buck and its got a very high freeboard for the rough water. The tiges also handle rough water well but you'll probably be looking at a smaller boat if you want to stay in the 40-45 range.
Old     (jaxboarder)      Join Date: Dec 2001       04-09-2007, 10:52 AM Reply   
How is the fit and finish on the moomba? Is it up to par with the other boats? What about the wake?
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-09-2007, 12:52 PM Reply   
The fit and finish of a moomba is nice. You won't get all the so called bling with the moomba as you would with other brands but I think they have a good finished boat.

I enjoy the wake just add a little weight but that's all preference. Get out and test drive.
Old     (tmobe)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-09-2007, 1:14 PM Reply   
I agree with Mark and Kyle. I am on my second Moomba and you wont be disappointed. Wake A+, Room and storage A, Reliable A, Cost A, Fit and finish the have stepped up for 07 B+. All the things you want sound like the XLV but if you can test out the LSV also. Save you even more $. Here is mine.Upload
Old     (jaxboarder)      Join Date: Dec 2001       04-09-2007, 1:21 PM Reply   
I love that GG. That may be what I'm leaning towards. I'll have to go test it out on a rough day to see how it handles the river. I was just looking at the other XLV thread with the pics of the LSV wake and that is exactly what I like...peaky.
Old     (tmobe)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-09-2007, 1:27 PM Reply   
Thanks! I love it too. Had it about 30 days and now have 26 hrs on it. We have it weighted PERFECT! Best wake ever, and I have rode every boat out there. I still compare it to a huge XSTAR wake with a SAN pop. So clean we ride between 80-85 ft out. The river is were we ride most. That DEEP hull does the job.