Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (richie44rich)      Join Date: May 2006       05-01-2006, 3:37 PM Reply   
I am picking this boat up on saturday.Wondering if anybody has any pros/cons for this boat?Thx.

Old     (sharkb8)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-01-2006, 4:39 PM Reply   
Welcome to the Calabria Club. I've got an '05 Pro V, and it's a STELLAR boat. PureVert system is great, the new dash for '06 is cool....all around great boats.

Enjoy!
Old     (seadawg)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-01-2006, 4:54 PM Reply   
Congrats on the new boat! Seems like most people shopping for Calabria's these days are getting V2s instead of the Pro V. I've got an '02 Pro V, so it's probably pretty different from yours, but we're getting ready to enjoy the heck out of it this summer. :-)

In general terms, though, it's got the pros and cons of a big wakeboard boat - wide beam, and fairly heavy, sucks gas down pretty quick. Luckily, the 65 gallon tank makes those painful trips to the pump happen less often. Plus that size makes for a great entertaining boat. We haven't had a huge crowd on ours yet, but with even 8 people on there, it still feels *very* roomy. Tons of storage, plus good construction overall from my perspective.

For a beginning wakeboarder like me, the wake with stock ballast is plenty big. I don't know if I'll ever get to the level where I need to sack it out, except maybe one side for surfing. Will find out this summer.

I wish I had your dashboard and gauges! And I assume you got the Hydraulic Trim Tab too - that would be nice. Post pics when you get a chance!
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-01-2006, 6:30 PM Reply   
Tom March loves his Pro V. I demoed the Pro VII and really liked the looks of it expecially with the new swoosh paint scheme but I ended up going with another brand.
Old    mendo247            05-01-2006, 6:56 PM Reply   
i sure love the looks and quality of the build.. atleast what i've seen at the shows..ive never really heard anyone talking smack about them.. the interiors are huge! plus they are just a great looking boat...the swim steps are bigger than my living room! i fell in love with this one at the show this year..
Upload
Old     (hemihauler)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-01-2006, 7:26 PM Reply   
Congrats, I have a 2004 Pro V and love it, good wake and plenty or room for people and gear. I was thinking of changing my swim step to the new one they are HUGE. really like the new towers also. Have fun and post some pics.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-01-2006, 7:26 PM Reply   
that is one clean looking boat. I like the graphics as well as the tower.
Old    mendo247            05-01-2006, 7:35 PM Reply   
that is not my boat... just one we checked out at the show...

richie- post some pics when you get it
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-02-2006, 8:23 AM Reply   
put a 500 in each of the trunks, one in the walkway and some weight in the bow...you won't forget it.

nice boats, the size of the trunks really makes maintenance easier considering you can actually climb all the way into the boat like a yacht, lol.
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-02-2006, 9:49 AM Reply   
I just got an 05 Pro-V in March. The boat is great, but we are also novices with little to compare to. I've had a few experienced guest riders with no complaints, but that could just be a matter of being polite.

Like the others said, the biggest thing going for the Pro-V is space. Space to hang out, space for gear, and space for anything else you would need space for. Adding a couple amps and a Treo 12 had almost no impact on storage. With the boat and tower being so wide, a set of 1010's fits the tower without visually dominating the boat.

The boat brings tons of compliments. Again, could be a matter of politeness, but people go out of their way to check out the boat and say nice things.

As for problems, they have been minor and excusable. On the first outing an oil pressure sendor failed and we got a sensor fault. Larson had the sensor changed out and returned to me in a day. On the second outing we hit some rough water at speed in the main channel in Stockton and the center window frame worked it's way inside the right fram and locked the window closed. Hard to explain, but if you look at the boat you'll see what I mean. I don't blame the boat so much as being new to ski boats and running a little fast in rough water. Lesson learned.

(Message edited by mammoth on May 02, 2006)
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-02-2006, 9:58 AM Reply   
Here's a pic

Pro V
Old     (richie44rich)      Join Date: May 2006       05-02-2006, 2:44 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info and pictures.From the sounds of it, i think I made the right decision with this boat.When I pick up my boat,I will post some pictures on here.Thanks again