Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (mikeakatex5)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-11-2009, 1:57 PM Reply   
So the last time I was out I noticed that when I took my board off after my set it wasn't floating on top of the water. Instead it was sitting about 1 inch below. I thought it was weird and I'm just wondering if this is a bad sign or something.
Old    murrayair            07-11-2009, 3:03 PM Reply   
That's a little weird, but I wouldn't worry about it. Your board might just be not quite buoyant enough to float on the surface with your bindings on it. I very highly doubt it will affect your riding.

Out of curiosity, what board and bindings are you using? Do you have any major dings, deep scratches or holes(besides the ones the manufacturer put in) in it?

(Message edited by murrayair on July 11, 2009)
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-11-2009, 3:40 PM Reply   
I wouldn't worry about it. Most boards don't sit right on top of the water.
Old     (rc005)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-11-2009, 4:28 PM Reply   
its alright i bet if you took your bindings off the board it would float but with the weight of the bindings on there it is just weighing it down.. It also depends on the salinity of the water if your use to riding in salt water and this time you were in a lake things you will notice that. I usually ride in the gulf of mexico but have recently ridden in lakes, i have noticed it too.. nothing to worry about unless of course you do have a gash in your board..
Old     (mikeakatex5)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-12-2009, 12:46 AM Reply   
I have an 03 parks 138 with LF shane CT bindings. There is a bit of wear on the edges of the board where it hits the board racks. I'm not too worried about it but I just remember my last board floating right on top of the water all the time.
Old     (snwmot)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-12-2009, 11:10 AM Reply   
Ur bindings were probly full of water.