Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-07-2009, 5:34 PM Reply   
I got a 09 Ronix One with 09 One boots for Christmas. I bought it a few days before Christmas and a dude at the shop said if I ended up changing my mind I could take it back after Christmas.

I am going back Saturday and I can't decide between my One or trading it for the Viva. Can somebody help me out cause demoing them isn't really an option.
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-07-2009, 5:55 PM Reply   
Stay with the One...it is a new shape for 09. I have been on both and I can tell you that the One will fit anyone's riding style, it is probably the most versatile board I have ridden.
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-07-2009, 6:31 PM Reply   
I haven't ridden the 09 but the 08 one is a sick board. Plus when a guy lands a 1260, the board must be pretty good.
Old     (zachcopp)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-07-2009, 6:35 PM Reply   
Don't forget that the Viva is an all new shape for 09 I believe. Chad Sharpe always rips as well. Danny Harf has the only 1260. Sharpe has the largest recorded double up of 56 frames, and he landed that sick toe double indy backroll. No doubt both guys rip, and im sure you would be happy with either board. Sharpe is a guy that more so charges into the flats. Harf is a guy doing huge and crazy tech wake to wake tricks
Old    sdahockey21            01-07-2009, 7:15 PM Reply   
Nate is right the One board is great All around shape. You really can not go wrong. Viva pop is more up and out, compared to the One pop which is more or less up up. Really it depends on you riding style more than anything Justin.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-07-2009, 9:53 PM Reply   
never ridden either, but i think i'd go with the one just because of the history it has as well as history with other riders, beginner to pro
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-07-2009, 10:07 PM Reply   
To be able to fully answer that it would be good to know the boards you have ridden and what you liked about each one. The boards listed in your profile both ride incredibly different. Which did you prefer? Choosing a board based on what trick a professional rider has landed in his lifetime is silly. Choose something that accents how you ride or how you would like to.
Old    joshj095            01-08-2009, 4:42 AM Reply   
IM WITH BIG ON THIS ONE......YOU CANT PICK A BOARD BY WHAT TRICKS HAVE BEEN DONE ON IT, AND WHOS PRO MODEL IT IS, AND IF YOU DO, YOURE STUPID. JUST BESCAUSE RUSTY LANDS BACK 9'S DOESNT MEAN YOU CAN TOO IF YOU GO AND GET A MAREK. YOU HAVE TO LOOK AND YOUR STYLE OF RIDING AND WHAT YOU LIKE PERSONALLY. UNFORTUNATLY THIS CANT BE DONE WITHOUT DEMO'S. NO ONE CAN TELL YOU WHATS RIGHT OR WRONG, BETTER OR WORSE, BECAUSE THEY DONT RIDE THE WAY YOU DO. DONT GET IMPATIENT. WAIT UNTIL YOU CAN GET SOME WATER TIME IN BEFORE MAKING A DECISION, BECAUSE IT A BIG INVESTMENT. TRY OTHER COMPANIES WITH BOARD MODELS THAT HAVE BEEN AROUND FOR A LONG TIME. THERES A REASON SOME SHAPES HAVE BEEN AROUND LONGER THAN MOST HAVE BEEN RIDING. (I.E. ALL MURRAY BOARDS, HL PREMIER, LF TRIP, LF WATSON) ALL OF THESE BOARDS HAVE GOOD GENERAL CHARASTICS AND MAY FIT YOUR STYLE AND WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR. DONT LIMIT YOURSELF TO RONIX BECAUSE ITS THE "NEW COOL COMPANY" THAT EVERYONES GETTING THERE HANDS ON. DONT FORGET WHERE THESE RIDERS CAME FROM AS WELL. JUST KEEP YOUR OPTIONS OPEN.
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-08-2009, 4:01 PM Reply   
Stephan, I liked riding the Marius more than the Absolute. I like the Viva because it is easy into the flats, super fast, and still gets really good pop. But I liked the One because it could be ridden basically however you wanted it to ride.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-08-2009, 8:00 PM Reply   
Just on a personal note (simply to clarify my own words and not to argue them) when i said "history" i meant more the years the board has been out and the ammount of riders and reviews there are for it and not so much the tricks that were landed on it... although i am sure that is part of the reason so many buy the board anyway... hehehe ;)
Old     (mytahi)      Join Date: Dec 2008       01-09-2009, 4:37 AM Reply   
history? ronix, it self, has only been around for 3 years now. how can they have history? not saying that they dont have good products or that their boards dont ride well. im just saying you cant a boards has history, when it popularity. the entire ronix team is heavy hitters. or course their going to sell boards. everyones favorite riders are on that team.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-09-2009, 6:30 PM Reply   
Of the TWO boards in question, the One has more "history" of course. no matter how you want to define history

but if the question was not between those two and/or i felt like adding a more personal opinion as well (which often times i do) i would say SLINGSHOT!! because it is making history... hehehe. just playing around of course ;)
Old    sdahockey21            01-09-2009, 7:03 PM Reply   
Talk about a blow out? Jeremy I totally understand what you were saying. History behind a particular shapes existence, and how much success people have had with a particular shape regardless of ability. And by success I do not mean landing 1260. Danny being the incredible rider he is probably could land a 1260 on a 2X4 if he puts his mind to it.

But I think history in general regarding companies should be defined as the amount of combined experience the entire Ronix team has. Whether it is the guys riding the boards or the people behind the scenes working the phones, doing warranty, or even R&D. That is where the history is and that is where the experience shows.3 Years in existence overlaying 100s of years in combined industry experience.

Now back to the Question at hand. Justin, What it is going to come down to is which board fits your riding style best.

Danny Harf usually sticks his tech tricks wake to wake, and the One is generally a wake to wake board, but you got guys like Dean Smith slamming the One into the flats. Boards react differently to different riding styles. In short, it is going to depend on how you ride, to determine the board that is right for you. Simple as that.