Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2007

Old     (bighead)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-30-2007, 7:21 AM Reply   
I am looking for a new board and I want something 3-stage. I have a LF Balance now. There is no shop where I live so all of my purchasing is done online. The closest shop was an hour away and it just closed for good and the next closest is 3.5 hrs away. I have seen the Ronix One in person. I was wondering if anyone has ridden it along with the Watson and the Axis. I liked the One but I was wondering if the wider width of the Watson or the Axis would give more lift or would that be compensated on the One with the more aggressive late rocker. We mainly ride a medium sized wake due to the boat we ride behind and sometimes the water can be choppy so I want a board that will handle that. Basically I am just looking for some advice or experiences. Thanks
Old     (gimp990)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-30-2007, 9:19 AM Reply   
I havent ridden the one but i have ridden the watson. I couldnt get the watson to set a good edge in slightly choppy water (the back end kept wanting to slide out, but that is just how i ride). I tried it with the shane and i love the shane. It is awsome in butter or slight chop (pop, edging power, and speed were insane but loose when i want it to be and not when i dont). I personal ride the shane now. with the fin setup on the axis i would say that it would ride similar to the shane but i am not sure becuase it havent ridden it yet ither. But for choppy water i would suggest the axis or shane just due to the fin setup.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-30-2007, 9:25 AM Reply   
i rode the one yesterday for the first time and loved it! it was fast, edged solid and popped with ease! all around a great board for me!

www.activewake.com has them and offers a performance guarantee so if you buy it and don't like it they will exchange it for another board!