Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 06, 2004

Old    whackmaster            07-01-2004, 1:41 PM Reply   
I just started riding this year and am progressing pretty well. I'm about to buy my first board and have narrowed it down to motive 144, LF trip 143, Obrien demented, or CWB transcend. I need a board that will progress with me and I'm 5'11 and 195 lbs. I'll be doing some airs, alot of surface stuff, and no rails. Any input would be appreciated! No real dealers in my area so I can't demo anything. Thanks!
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-01-2004, 1:44 PM Reply   
the 3 inch rocker on the transcend doesnt seem like it would be for you, right now anyway. but you can never go wrong with a absolute or ricky g.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-01-2004, 1:44 PM Reply   
i would take the absolute over the transcend IMO especially if its your first year. Do you already have bindings?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-01-2004, 2:30 PM Reply   
I really like my Motive. Have you rode all those boards that you listed? Buying a board that you haven't riden first isn't the best way to decide.
Old     (cwbwakeboarder)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-01-2004, 3:18 PM Reply   
cwb transcend it a sick board got to get it thet is no comparsion to the others
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-01-2004, 3:40 PM Reply   
Motive or Trip all the way..... probably Trip because its lighter though..... Both are GREAT for any rider...
Old    whackmaster            07-01-2004, 4:29 PM Reply   
I don't really have any shops around here and everyone I know is more into slalom than boarding so they just use whatevers on sale from overtons. I don't have any bindings yet. I wish I could demo the boards, but like I said, I don't have any access to them unless I buy them. Thanks for the quick responses!
Old    wakegiantcom            07-01-2004, 4:48 PM Reply   
if you go with the trip you'll get the best pop and still be able to dial in the looseness for surface tricks with the fins its a sweet board to progess on all the way through..
CHECK IT OUT HERE
http://wakegiant.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=56}
Old    the_intern            07-01-2004, 4:55 PM Reply   
I would check out the CWB Tattoo 143. It is a great board you can progress, and one that is also easy to learn on. Great performance and great deal.
Old     (drewsmug)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-01-2004, 5:21 PM Reply   
go with hyperlite
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-01-2004, 9:40 PM Reply   
SHAWN is right.......... out of all the boards the Trip is probably the best pop and blend between loose and tight feeling on the water. I ride the TFD by the way.
Old     (lumpy9138)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-01-2004, 9:48 PM Reply   
If you are a beginner, go with the Motive. I just started to get a little more serious this year, and that is the board I bought. It is very forgiving. I also have had more advanced riders on my board, and they have no problem tearing it up on my board. Just my opinion though.