Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 06, 2004

Old    chip_boarder            06-30-2004, 8:32 AM Reply   
Does anyone have any suggestions on where to get some cheap fat sack caps? I have tried the local waterbed store and they want $5 a cap. I need about six caps.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-30-2004, 8:55 AM Reply   
$5.00 a cap? Holy
Old     (villageidiot)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-30-2004, 9:29 AM Reply   
Here's a fat-sack cap trick. On at least one end of the bag, use the top of a Gatorade bottle... (if you can still find Gatorade with a round pull-up cap, rather than the almond-shaped ones more common now -- I think they're a different size).

They work awesome, because all you have to do is pull up on the sipping-thing and you can let the air out of the sack really easily while filling.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-30-2004, 10:41 AM Reply   
The caps to carmex have worked for us in the past. and they have a cheap knock off for like a buck in some of the liquor stores that we have used.
Old     (bdavis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-30-2004, 12:00 PM Reply   
At the home depot in the pvc fittings section look for, I think, 1" threaded end caps for pvc pipe. No the threads don't match but they will bite and tighten up on the bag's bungs.
Old     (drunkmonkey)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-30-2004, 1:41 PM Reply   
I hav ethe caps from some ketchup bottles, the plastic squeez-y ones, and some salad dressing caps on my sacks. Pretty cheap too...just stole them out of the fridge and replaced them with some tin foil over the bottles.
Old    chip_boarder            06-30-2004, 7:01 PM Reply   
These are some great ideas. I really like the salad dressing lids. Keep them coming!
Old    x10            06-30-2004, 11:12 PM Reply   
Pine Sol bottle tops fit perfectly and they are a bright yellow and easy to see also.