Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (fielder_37)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-11-2007, 6:07 AM Reply   
Hi i want to buy a new board but carn't decide whether to buy a Obrien Natural 134 or a Ronix One 137. I am 5ft 7" 140lbs and looking to progress quickly. any help would be appreciated
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-11-2007, 6:53 AM Reply   
I like the Natural I'm just waiting for the 08 to come out
Old     (fielder_37)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-11-2007, 7:02 AM Reply   
IS the 08 any differant from the 07 apart from graphics ???
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-11-2007, 7:04 AM Reply   
Same board, just some sick looking new graphics!
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-11-2007, 7:21 AM Reply   
I would definitely say go for the Natural it’s an aggressive board but at the same time user friendly. When I edge I like to really lay down on it (I ride cable a lot). When I rode the one you can’t take a super hard edge without it skipping out.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-11-2007, 7:44 AM Reply   
The graphics on the 07 Natural blows balls the 08 is much better looking imo
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-11-2007, 7:59 AM Reply   
yeah the graphics really effect how the board rides.

Anyway, I've gotten a lot of compliments on my 07 Natural graphics...mostly girls.
Old    110outlet            10-11-2007, 8:28 AM Reply   
Isnt that y we ride, to impress girls. Ya the o7 natural graphic grows on you after awhile but im going for the 08 and watson bindings. Though i would like to take Ronix one for a rip, as it seems lots of pros have switched to it.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-11-2007, 8:36 AM Reply   
I like my stuff to be pretty :-) the 06 was much better lookin' than the 07 but the 08 is sick
Old     (jbarber3orange)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-11-2007, 10:04 AM Reply   
Anyone have an idea of the price for the 2008 Natural?
Old     (fielder_37)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-12-2007, 7:33 AM Reply   
so whats to verdict Natural Or The Ronix one. Also are the OBrien xenon bindings worth the extra money over the Obrien IONS????
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-12-2007, 8:41 AM Reply   
07 Natural graphics are sick!!! 08 is unbelievable though! Probably the best board graphics I've ever seen. That said, I ride an 06 and it is easily the best board (for me) I've been on. Everyone who's ridden it has loved it too.

I have no experience with The One. But one definite difference between the two is that The One has a flat bottom while the Natural has the double concave hull for some very soft landings. I take things into the flats and love the landings of the Natural. I've seen a few people post on here who gave up The One because their knees hurt them.
Old     (maliburyder)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-12-2007, 9:30 AM Reply   
There's probably a good reason why the One won "Board of the Year" on wakeworld.com.

You should do the right thing and demo both because all people have different riding styles. Just because someone tells you that you should ride this board vs. that board is absurd. None of them have ever seen you ride, and although they have a "preference," it is simply their opinion and they shouldn't sway you one way or another. You need to find something that feels comfortable and helps you improve your riding.
Old     (fielder_37)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-15-2007, 1:26 AM Reply   
i have ridden the Ronix before and i really like it. I wont be able to demo a Natural though. The only reason i am thinking of getting a natural is because i am only 140lbs so i was thinking that the 134 Natural would be a better size for me.
Old     (cookie)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-15-2007, 1:35 PM Reply   
I have ridden both. I'm no pro, but with the natural I get a big and controlled pop every single time. The board transfers quick from edge to edge, and it's easy to break loose. The Natural is a supersmooth and fast board that everyone can enjoy. The One is also a very good board, but the rocker is a bit to agressive for my taste. This again makes it a bit slower on the water but the hard edges gives you plenty of speed as long as you have a good progressive cut to the wake. I found that the smoother edges in the center of the One ads a lot of forgiveness so people like me can get away with sloppy riding. Still, the Natural is my choice for the best allround deck. Hope this helps:-)
Old     (nathan_from_downunder)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-16-2007, 2:32 AM Reply   
defnetly go the 08 zenons in australia they are already realesed so i have a pair so good massive improvement on last years dont even compare wait till 08 bindings are out and check them out crazy stuff going around
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-16-2007, 6:38 AM Reply   
THE NATURAL! With 08 Closed Watkins on them!
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-16-2007, 7:30 PM Reply   
ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(sorry bout that) look at the advanced divisions, every other rider, if not back to back, has a one. also, some riders opinions are influenced by sponsors, but, ronix only sponsors six people, Darf, PB, Chowder, Copeland, and two others from the am assault. not to say that everyone on here is corrupt, but atleast to me that speaks volumes.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-16-2007, 7:54 PM Reply   
People flock towards new stuff Trevor. I would put several paychecks that a majority of those riders would ride better and be more comfortable on other decks but got the One cause it was new.
Parks board ring a bell a few years ago? 98% of people who rode it should have been on a Motive.

Do whatever you can to demo the Natural. if you can't demo, get the Natural and if you don't like it, someone on WakeWorld will buy it from you for close to full pop. that board gets a lot of love on here.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-16-2007, 8:38 PM Reply   
Trevor,

Thats what's cool about the Natural. Everyone that rides it, rides it because they love it, not because some pro rides it!!

It's all about the LOVE
Old     (crack)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-16-2007, 9:22 PM Reply   
Totally agree there J.
My buddy had been wanting to by an Obrien for a while and I always gave him crap for wanting to buy a WalMart board. That said....the Natty will definitely be my next board....maybe with some hinges. Pretty much anyone that owns a Nat sounds like a salesman cuz they love that deck that much.
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       10-17-2007, 6:28 AM Reply   
Steve's right- I became a "salesman" the day I first rode one. I have an 07 with Xenons now and this may be the last board I ever buy.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-17-2007, 9:18 AM Reply   
Our group used to have LF, Hyperlite, Gator, and CWB boards. None of us could agree wich was the best, and we argued over it all the time.

Last summer a certain someone offered to let us ride his Natural. This year we have four Naturals, one Cartel, and one Valhalla in our group. We aren't sponsored nor do we have "the hookup".

I'm completely biased towards the Natural these days. Not because somebody said it's great, but because for me it is.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-17-2007, 9:22 AM Reply   
What are you talking about J? I ride it because I thought you were a pro and you ride it. Uggghhhh. . . that's crap, someone get me a One.

I'm definitely a Natty salesman too! I've even been going door to door in my neighborhood!

While I do think that the Natural is one of the best all around boards, I also think that there are different riding styles that may find other board shapes better for them.

But I think everyone should take the chance to demo the Natural!

(that houndstooth makes me drool. . .)
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-17-2007, 11:31 AM Reply   
Josh,

No Pro, just Bro!! I am hoping to get an 08 soon and I will post pics when I do.

Later,
jjakober

ps: Yes I am getting the hookup, but that doesn't change the fact that the Natural kicks butt. Demo, Demo, Demo.
Old     (seanmcd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-17-2007, 4:59 PM Reply   
Just got the first good ride on my '07 Natty with the '08 Zues'.

WOW!!! I can not tell you how much I LOVE this board. It is the most stable, easy riding board I have ever been on. I admit I am an intermediate rider, but I can definitely feel the difference.

I love the pop, it is amazingly stable off the wake, which for me makes a huge difference in charging and clearing the wake.

The only thing I wish was that it rode a little looser, but i think some of that has to do with the absolute glass I was riding today. It was so smooth, it almost felt like the board had some suction to the water!! Very sweet.

I have never ridden or even seen a Ronix One, so I can not compare. It may be ten times better than the Natty, but I sure love my board.

Here it is.

Upload

Upload
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-18-2007, 8:09 PM Reply   
ok ill give you that, its gets a lot of publicity, but if those hinge things, on the side of the boards like the vice that copies the byerly, if thats not a gimmick I don't no what is, HL also has the state board i believe that is a-symetrical because "you edge different on your toes"? thats a gimmick, Ronix has that vault, thats a gimmick[am i spelling that right?]. point is, everyone does what they can to get publicity, ronix had a lot of anticipation, which caused a lot of interest, and also danny's premier was great succes, and so was the parks board, so that also sparked interest. Obrien is a company that sparks negative images for me personally, like yes, a wal mart board, and nonsensical gimmicks like hull design of a speed boat on their board, that chevron. it just seems like the board being described in this column in wakeboard mag about how the riders way back when were riding really simple board yet doing these amazing tricks, slupies and the iron cross, speedballs, this board has TEN fins. but that pretty much says I could say either is better, ronix isn't exactly plain either, etc etc. but thats all I know, I learned all my best tricks on that thing, did the board do it, probobly not, but I love the way it rides, all the pop, the smooth landings, and its a very fun board; how do i know that? because you could take an entire day and just do butterslides and manuals, Ive been in the sport for about a year, two years, and I'm only 14, so i didn't really expireince the birth of wakeboarding first hand, so i cant really give a non biased opinion, but who can.