Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2003

Old    blais22            06-17-2003, 10:41 AM Reply   
To: Everyone in the Austin, Georgetown, Leander, NB, Area

The 360 Wakeboard club has elected new board members at the latest meeting. There are actually 3 of them on this forum as well. AtxWakechick (Amanda) , D.S.S.R (stone), and yours trully. There are also 2 more board members, Daryl from numbthumb.com, and a girl from the 360 messge board named Angie. Trace is also a board member and he is covering the Georgetown/ temple side of things to draw in some more members from that area.

On July 13th there is going to be an AA meeting at Mona's (the perd) starting at 9:00 AM. It's going to be the same as usual, $10 gets you a ride behind a boat from one of the major dealers in Austin. In the past South Austin maria has brought out a Supra SSV, Sail and Ski brought out a SAN, Ski Dock with a 22V and a 22iR, boat Town has brought an X-star and X-30 and there have been a few locals that brought out their boats as well (the BU dealer in town sucks at giving support from what I hear). You basically get on the boat with 3 other people and the dealer. You then ride for 4 hours. The object is to get to know some people that you don't normaly go out with and you have the opportunity to try out new boats. Come on out, it's going to be a lot of fun.

With the new season upon us and Waketoberfest 2K3 coming in October I would like to pose some questions to you all.
1) What would you like to see change in the 360 wakeboard club?

2) Where should some of the meetings be held?

3) What has caused you to NOT join in the past and what could we do to entice you to become a member?

4) What would you like to see @ Waketoberfest?

5) Any other feedback that you have?

Some of the things that some of my friends have mentioned is to have a few optional meeting on the water on some afternoons. That way after talking about wakeboarding, we could then go ride. This location could alternate between the lakes, so everyone gets to go to their "home" lake. Some more idea would be to have the meetings at a downtown location or at a sports bar type of atmosphere. I personally would like to see a lot more younger riders get involved and a lot more girls.

Please feel free to write whatever you feel about the club and what you would like to see happen. I know that in the past there have been some things that kept some people from joining, we don't want that to happen. We are looking to make this club bigger and better than any other clubs out there. If you would rather PM or email me about it, that's cool with me. If anyone has any questions about the club, or about anything in general feel free to ask me or any of the other board members.

Take it easy and I'll see ya out on the water!
-Brad Betts
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-09-2003, 8:47 AM Reply   
err... gravy (Daryl) & i have been around WW for quite a while too, man. ;) but i digress...

i think we def need to generate interest among some younger riders. we have most of the pro / semi-pro kids around town , but that's about it.

i would also like to become much more involved with TSR, i think there's a lot of opportunity there for both organizations.
Old    needsboost            07-09-2003, 8:01 PM Reply   
I live between New Braunfels and San Antonio and have just started wakeboarding again this summer after taking a 4 year hiatus(lack of a boat). I just bought a new CWB Inferno and bindings that I've yet to use since my buddy(who has the boat) is real busy and we don't get to go much. Are you guys looking for only decent/good boarders or begginers/intermediates as well? I can get up and jump and stuff but I've never actually ridden behind a true wakeboard boat with a tower and/or ballasts systems or anything so I've yet to really be able to get enough air to do tricks(can't clear the whole wake....yet). You said you wanted younger people....I'm 20 and so is my twin brother. We usually go out to Canyon Lake with my buddy in his fishing boat, but I'd love to go with some people who know what they are doing and get better.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-10-2003, 7:26 AM Reply   
come out to Aquaholics Anonymous (http://www.360wakeboard.com/aa.htm) this Sunday, and you'll get a pull behind one of the sweetest boats on the market. check the site for all the details.

we have members from all skill levels, from i-just-learned-to-get-up to guys with consistent S-bends.
Old    needsboost            07-10-2003, 8:13 AM Reply   
damn i have to work this sunday so i won't be able to make it, how often do yall get together and stuff?