Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-28-2005, 2:11 PM Reply   
WEll, after a lot of thought, hesitation, collecting bids, etc, i moved ahead with building a garage. the lake house is about 2 hours away, so i didnt get take as many pictures as hoped, but i am VERY HAPPY with how it turned out and how quickly it went up. i have pictures through the first day of the framing. i was told that they finished even more this weekend.

about a month ago, i had the trees cleared.

February 15th - slab poured.
February 18,19th - framers
Febrauary 26 - painters, roofers, garage doors

this tuesday the electrical and plumbing will be done.

the only thing left will be to pour the driveway and have it insulated.

i apologize if the pictures are messed up or different sizes.

it is a 30x30 with a 10 w X 12 h door and a 16 w x 8 h door.

1st pic - after the trees were cleared
2nd pic (before trees were cleared) - front view
3rd pic (before trees were cleared) - rear view
4th pic - slab
5th pic - concrete pad for future hot tub
6th pic - a little 2 hour setback
7,8, 9th pic - day 1 of framing

(Message edited by mossy44 on February 28, 2005)
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-28-2005, 2:27 PM Reply   
NIIIIIICE. That is going to be awesome. Are you going to have finished space upstairs or just a ton of storage?
Old     (abundiga909)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-28-2005, 2:43 PM Reply   
Looks nice! How'd that dumpster get out of that mud though... lol
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-28-2005, 6:21 PM Reply   
Which bay gets the lift?
Old     (smokedog2)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-28-2005, 7:42 PM Reply   
Nice. Assuming you are going to use a gravel drive (it looks like the road may be gravel), what is your plan to not end up like that truck? I bought a garage for my boat and need 1000’ of driveway 8’ wide and 4” deep (they recommend 8” but this will be used 4-6 times a month, they think 4" will do).

The estimate I got was nearly 600 tons of gravel or ½ ton per linear foot. That sounds nuts to me. This is a flat straight shot like yours across a soybean field.

My data says about 1.5 tons per cubic yard or 27 cubic feet or 6.75 liner feet if 8’ wide and 6 inches deep. Half the estimate.

They want to put 300 tons of 3” rock down as a base.

Any insight?

tx

SD2

(Message edited by smokedog2 on February 28, 2005)
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-28-2005, 8:23 PM Reply   
action - as of right now, no plans for upstairs except for future storage if needed. figured that when building but didnt want to spend the $ now for it since i dont need it.

austin - emptied it by shovel then used another dump truck to pull it

mike - no lifts

jeff - my current U shaped driveway is gravel. i plan on pouring either a cement or pavement drive to get to the garage though. wasnt planning on using gravel, so cant really give you any info on yours. good luck with that.

thanks for the compliments. cant wait to start using it! already have cabinets, peg board, shelves, racks, etc to be putting inside
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-02-2005, 9:04 PM Reply   
Jeff I think they want to put the 3" rock down cause it acts as the base material for gravel. If you just go with gravel it eventually permeates the soil and the mud comes up through the gravel over time. Nice garage Matt looks like you'll have some pretty high ceilings. It'll be nice to be able to back the boat in without folding the tower down. Looks like you're sittin on a nice lot too!
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-02-2005, 10:41 PM Reply   
I air the tires down and pull mine over my side lawn a couple times a year.
Old     (ridn9high)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-02-2005, 11:17 PM Reply   
Assuming you are going to use a gravel drive (it looks like the road may be gravel), what is your plan to not end up like that truck
If they just compact the driveway and lay gravel on top he shouldn't have a problem. If you don't get a good compaction, when the rains come you are screwed.

Also just a little insight on the garage floor. My buddy just put a checker floor in his and looks great.