Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-20-2007, 3:57 PM Reply   
I have a 2006 Shane board binding combo and I have decided to upgrade. I am looking at either the 2007 or 2008 Shane or the 2007 or 2008 Recoil. I love how the shane rides, but was wondering what everyone thinks about the recoil. Also is there any difference between the 2007 and 2008 of these boards, because if not I will probably just get the 2007.
Help me out by giving me your opinion,

thanks a ton.

Also if you have any other board recommendations I would love to hear them. Thanks.
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-20-2007, 4:32 PM Reply   
If you are thinking about changing to board that is so unique as the Slingshot you need to ride it for yourself. No one can tell you how you will feel on it.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-20-2007, 5:30 PM Reply   
you know how the shane will ride, so go demo the recoil, ya have to try it for yourself, its not for everyone. its definately worth the demo though
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-20-2007, 7:20 PM Reply   
well, i can't demo it because of where I live. so should I stick with the Shane, or try my chances with the recoil. Also, are there any differences from the 07 and 08 on either model???
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-20-2007, 9:07 PM Reply   
There is no difference between the '07 boards and the '08 EXCEPT for the binding hole pattern

07' can only fit slingshot bindings and only has the four hole pattern.

08' slingshot added the standard hole pattern along with their four hole pattern to suit those who preferred to use other companies binding. However if you do use another companies binding it may sacrifice the flex a little because the base of the binding is wider on standard two-bolt bindings. (lots have been talking about using the CWB zeus for the '08 slingshots because the zeus base has been minimized for '08... But, me personally, i love slingshots bindings even though i have yet to try '08 gear)

If you DON'T plan to purchase new bindings too, DEFINITELY get the '08 so you can use your present bindings

ALSO, i think i have heard that the top sheet of the '08 board is a little different... i could be wrong though

AS for the bindings--- they added two new boots to the line. They have the D2 which is an upgraded version of the '07 drive binding. They added the PB Floid which is a more flexible version for those who like to grab and tweak more. They also have the Jewel- which looks like a PB floid for the women
--------------------------------------------------

As for suggestions of which board to get... i can only second what others have said, DEMO DEMO DEMO! I realize you said demoing is inconvenient because of location, but maybe you can try what i did--> drive to the nearest shop, (me, 45 min away) then rent a board and take it to the nearest lake and try to bum a ride from the locals. Don't forget to offer gas money)
Take into consideration that flex technology is a WHOLE NEW flavor... it may take a while to get used to (2-3 sets) so try not to judge it right off the first wake jump or cut.
I have never tried the Shane before so i cant give a just comparison, but i strongly doubt that I PERSONALLY will ever go back to a traditional board ever again. I am definitely converted to this new chapter of flex in wakeboarding history.