Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 28, 2006

Old     (zacky)      Join Date: Apr 2003       12-20-2005, 3:41 PM Reply   
The '06 boat reviews are up at www.waterskimag.com

It doesn't look like they did any videos this year. They did add pictures of each boat's wake with amount of ballast and speed given. They have some other features on there too...

Check out the picture they used for the 210 Team's wake. I would have hoped they could have found a better picture than that...
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-20-2005, 4:16 PM Reply   
Thay don't even have a Sanger wake boat listed.
Old     (bremsen)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-20-2005, 4:29 PM Reply   
The wake pics are BS. Pull up the Avalance C4 and the SAN220. Same for the Air Warrior and the SAN210
Old     (bremsen)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-20-2005, 4:30 PM Reply   
Tate, they have them all listed. Click on boat inspector.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-20-2005, 9:49 PM Reply   
Wow nice start but still needs a LOT of work some boats did not work some had video's some did not. It would say ballast and show something else.....I hope they don't think this is ready for prime time
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-20-2005, 10:50 PM Reply   
Where did you find the pics of the wakes?? I don't see them anywhere on the site.
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-20-2005, 10:52 PM Reply   
Did you read the Moomba Outback V artical? Pretty funny it has the write up for Malibu....
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-20-2005, 11:27 PM Reply   
Wonder what's up with the Session SI, and the Session SSI3. They look the same. Price point maybe? The NVS tower speaker option is cool, as is the diesel.

Can you clear it up Cody? Your the only one here that talks about Session other than me.
Old     (polkaking27)      Join Date: Feb 2005       12-21-2005, 12:18 AM Reply   
Jeff,
The basis on the Si and the S3 is kindof along the lines of the Gravity games package on a Moomba, but I think it is better thought out. You can buy an Si, S2, or an S3 depending on what options you want. The Si being your basic vdrive with very few options (perfect pass, tower, stereo and ballast are always standard though on any session now)the S2 has all of the most popular options the majority of people use, and the s3 has absolutely everything you can imagine. And yes the NVS addictions are awesome on this boat.
Old     (bremsen)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-21-2005, 3:19 AM Reply   
Brandon, use this link
http://www.waterskimag.com/boat_inspector/index.html

I don't think its quite done yet, but its got a lot of potential. Again, there are several wake pics that are identical and some I don't believe. Check out the Sanger V210 wake.....I know its better than that!
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-21-2005, 6:24 AM Reply   
http://www.waterskimag.com/boat_inspector/index.html?manufacture=2&boat=1
Old     (malibupilot)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-21-2005, 7:10 AM Reply   
I hate reviews where they seem to love every boat....
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-21-2005, 8:30 AM Reply   
Ladies and Gentlemen, sell your X-Stars and Nautiques! This wake is what you want!
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-21-2005, 8:45 AM Reply   
That has to be a misprint. THere is know way that wake is at 22mph with a 1000lbs of ballast.
Old     (wake4fun)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-21-2005, 9:41 AM Reply   
they have to love every boat or they would make some advertisers very unhappy. No magazine can afford that.
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-21-2005, 10:46 AM Reply   
Maybe all 1000lbs was in the bow.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-21-2005, 3:58 PM Reply   
Decent waterski wake. Someone from Gekko better get on that.....
Old     (goodtimes)      Join Date: Sep 2003       12-24-2005, 1:04 PM Reply   
That is the picture of the Gekko GTR 22 wake at 34mph.
At least they have more pictures than previous formats. I don't mind how they tested but yes, they always seem to love all the boats and a lot of the wake pictures and descriptions don't match the boat models.
For the price that the manufacturers pay for these tests, you'd think Waterski Mag would put more effort into the final product. Just my 2 cents.
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       12-25-2005, 6:24 PM Reply   
Did anyone else notice there weren't any pictures of the new X2's wake? Do you think there could be any reason for that, because I haven't really read anything great compared to previous X2s about it yet.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-26-2005, 12:30 PM Reply   
i noticed that myself. not trying to ruffle any feathers, but it kind of seems mastercraft is trying to hide the new x-2's wake. in the written review, it's one of the few boats that waterski mag recommends adding more weight to: "...although advanced wakeboarders will need to load up with more ballast to execute their toughest moves." most of their other reviews are so positive they say something like "stock ballast gives more than enough of a launch pad for the most demanding of riders to complete advanced inverts and spins" even when they know hardcore riders are going to sack it up regardless. hopefully, the x-2 wake just needs a lot of weight to be honed in...it's such a good looking boat, it deserves the top-notch wake of its predecessors.

i don't know why everyone's being so tough on that gekko. i would pay big bucks for that thing. finally, a wake boat that only leaves one wake...no more taking grief about my crappy toeside jumps
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-06-2006, 8:17 PM Reply   
Looks like they've removed some of the incomplete or sketchy reviews, do you think they'll put them back after a clean up?
Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-06-2006, 8:45 PM Reply   
the wake looks small to me
Old     (joe1975)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-19-2006, 6:13 PM Reply   
i agree with the earlier posts, that W.Ski Mag always says something good about all boats. But like Jeff said above me, when the dont say how great it is it must be mediocre. Something that i do like about the report is the numbers regarding noise levels, acceleration, etc. I feel those are relatively objective. So that is what i like to use it for.
Old    stillstandin            01-19-2006, 6:33 PM Reply   
If they dont rave about it, its because the compnay must not spend a ton of money advertising in their mag
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-19-2006, 7:23 PM Reply   
These reviews should be taken with a grain of salt.... I laugh at them when one year they rate a boat hardcore wakeboard and then the next year it is a recreational boat... etc... the ratings have changed for some of the boats... when the boat hasnt changed at all....

Any manufacturer that has a long tenure with a hull... look back through the years and read the ratings... they change... and when I asked the editors and testers... they said it is because the testing crew changes every year...

When I asked some of the manufacturers... they said that they get some say as to which boat in their line up that they want rated as recreational, family and hardcore....

Hmmm..... interesting... hahahah it is all a big joke!

But I still buy that magazine every year! to see what they have to say!