Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-08-2009, 3:14 PM Reply   
Anyone pulled there boat up to Powell and stayed at the lodging. The houseboat thing would be awesome but not really looking to spend that much money and just want to drive up there from Mesa, AZ for a long weekend.

Or even finding a campsite/camping spot would be ideal. I would love to explore that lake, but don't want to get to pricey!
Old     (somebuddy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-08-2009, 3:22 PM Reply   
You can camp on Lone Rock beach and it's only like $15 for the week. That's where my family always goes cuz we don't have a houseboat. You can also go to Motel 6 for like $50 a night if you want to stay in Page.
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-08-2009, 3:43 PM Reply   
Is this the beach in the picture:
http://www.nps.gov/glca/planyourvisit/campgrounds.htm

do you leave your boat in the water at night or do you pull it out? Not finding much for a dedicated site on the net, but that sounds like what i'm looking for. Are there bathrooms there and all?
Old     (somebuddy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-08-2009, 4:50 PM Reply   
Yeah that's it. You can pull your boat out if you want but most people just leave them in with anchors and bouys. You can launch your boat right from the beach too. There are bathrooms and they are pretty nice. There are some sand hills you can ride quads or dirt bikes on too.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-08-2009, 6:19 PM Reply   
i think it is more expensive than that, but cheap still none the less.

there is no official launch ramp at lonerock beach. it is a rock, gravel, and sand. but with this said i HAVE seen many launch boats of all kinds there.

just a mile a way (by water) there is an official launch ramp (state-line-launchramp) that you can use if you dessire. then drive about 10 min to the beach from there.

Also there is a camp ground with facilities and such right next to the resort and its two launch ramps, but i can't remember the price for there
Old     (mesamc)      Join Date: May 2002       07-08-2009, 6:41 PM Reply   
Hey Keith we are going up in August and staying in a hotel. There is a thread on Waynes Words site with some info on the hotels.

Its been a long time since I have seen you out.
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-08-2009, 7:36 PM Reply   
Hey Scot! Yah, I sold the Orange Malibu in March. Looked around for another Malibu, but found a smoking deal on a Mastercraft X2 (Blue/white). I'm a born malibu lover, but mastercraft owner. It's a good change for now! :-)
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-08-2009, 7:44 PM Reply   
It was a repo from Sactown and got it for about 10-15k lower than what the other 07 X2's were going for. Not a scratch! 10 hour drive to Sacramento and about 11.5 hours pulling it back to Mesa

UploadUpload
Old     (watsoc)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-08-2009, 10:37 PM Reply   
I have camped at the Wahweap campsites and they are pretty cheap and even have pull through parking spots so you can just pull your boat every night and have it secure right there at your site. Now that the cut is open it is pretty easy to get around the lake without going through the narrows. I am planning a trip up there this summer and there are even showers if you want to use them and a convience store. The other nice thing about pulling your ride is that you can fill up in Page every night and save a ton of cash on gas. I believe the cost per gallon on the lake is probably around $5 or something.
Old     (paublo)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-09-2009, 12:58 PM Reply   
Going the camping route may be your only choice. You may not be able to get a motel over the next two months in Page. They regularly sell out for the summer. And gas is running $5/gallon on the water.
Old     (watsoc)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-10-2009, 10:02 AM Reply   
I would also recommend that you have at least 10 gallons of extra gas in 5 gallon portable tanks in your ride when you are on the lake because if you want to venture out on the lake a lot it always makes sense to have extra gas. There are not a ton of gas stations on the lake and it sucks to get caught out there without gas and be stranded.
Old     (lstewie)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-12-2009, 8:02 PM Reply   
Current Price of gas as of 7/11 was $3.81 per gallon on the lake!