Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2003

Old     (wake2wake103)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-25-2003, 5:19 PM Reply   
I Have a 20003 hyperlite fluid 137 . Anyone else. Ifso do you like it . Anyone with spin bindings.ifso you do you like them .
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-26-2003, 10:01 PM Reply   
the fluid is the same board as the vero but smaller. i liked my vero and have heard good things about the splits. btw adrenalinewatersports.com is doing a great promo package on that board and bindings for about 300.00 delivered if i am right. talk to mike. tell him i told you about it and it should be less than the internet page.
Old     (boardinbeast)      Join Date: May 2003       07-27-2003, 5:52 PM Reply   
well. my friend got them with his boat and we've been usin 'em since april (yeah the water here in the N.E. was COLD) and I guess they are alright, I'm lookin into getting an absolute though. I've also heard that once I try better bindings I won't like the spins like I do now though.
Old    dgrider            07-27-2003, 7:44 PM Reply   
hey, i have that setup and i like the board w/ 1.4inche p-wing fins, the bindings are easy to get into and are flexible w/ some support, but i like my cuzins exo sucs better.
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-28-2003, 10:05 AM Reply   
The Spins are good bindings for beginners. Easy on easy off with moderate support and heel hold down abilities. Your heel pulls up rather easily compared to advanced bindings. The footpad is thin which means you don't want to push the limit with them for the fear of getting heel bruises. I had one good wipeout while using the spin bindings and my heel almost pushed out the toe hole - it really sucked.

If you board a lot then spend the cash and get advanced binding. I would recommend the Parks bindings - very costly but a great ride.
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-28-2003, 10:14 AM Reply   
How did you get a board 18000 years before it is made.
I didn't know there was a 03 fluid 137. If you are referring to the original Fluid that came out in 1999(?) then it is an ok board. I rode it for 2+ years. This board releases from the water very well due to its spoon shape. It rides pretty high in the water. Moderately quick board - somewhat unforgiving on landings and moderate edge hold on a cut. We use this board as a slider board. I would get a newer model board. The new Belmont or TFD are comparable boards - check em out.
Old    upupnaway            07-30-2003, 8:19 PM Reply   
I agree with rootc on the bindings. If you plan to go big, invest in any of the hyperlite pro model bindings with the extra padding. They have great hold, and are soft as can be.