Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (stuey1968)      Join Date: Dec 2008       01-27-2009, 10:32 PM Reply   
Hi guys , in your opinions . I am an intermediate rider but I don't get anywhere near as much time to ride as I would like . Would real 'poppy' board like the Hyperlite Marek , make my progress better . I know 99% of this sport is technique but I'm fine with spending the cash if I can justify it and maybe see a bit of extra pop or height with the new board . Any thoughts or reviews of the board ( it'd be 146 ) would be appreciated - Cheers
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-27-2009, 10:48 PM Reply   
spend the cash to get you on the water more. a board will not make you a better rider. you have to ride. just make more of an effort to get on the water and it will happen. i work, go to school, am broke, dont have a boat to use, and the nearest place to ride is an hour away yet i still make it out 3 times a week in the summer and usually once a week or more in the winter. i used to never ride, but once i put in the effort and met people off wakeworld, norcalwake.com, and wakeskating.com i started riding much more and progressed so much from riding with guys who loved it as much as me.

you cant buy insta-talent
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-28-2009, 8:50 AM Reply   
I agree with mitch, but if that isn't a reality, buy the Marek, you will love it! It helped me progress this last season!
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-28-2009, 9:19 AM Reply   
I will say that a board does not make you better, but the wrong board can hold you back. I rode a way too slow board for me all last year and I struggled the entire time. End of the season I tried a marek, and everything was much easier for me.

I just got my new marek. Sitting inside, waiting for the weather to warm up so I can try her out. Will I imidiatly be a better rider? no, but I'll be able to progress faster I hope!