Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 29, 2010

Old     (flydoc)      Join Date: Feb 2003       12-12-2009, 9:43 AM Reply   
Anyone ridden both and can tell me comofort ease of entry difference? They look to be very simular and I want to buy a pair for my son for Christmas. He has size 13 feet and tends to outgrow things fast and I canget a good deal on either one. Anyone who has ridden either your comments would be appreciated. Both get good reviews in the bindings review section.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       12-12-2009, 10:08 AM Reply   
I rode the 08 Shanes until this last fall. They're a great boot, they fit well, and have great contact all over your foot. They also have a great little heel pocket, and a fun little "gas pedal" on the toes that sinks in when you cut hard on your toes, getting you closer to the board. Tons of maneuverability for pokes, tweaks and grabs. Overall, a solid boot with zero heel lift. Would recommend.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-12-2009, 12:01 PM Reply   
the 08 shanes are incredible, they are supper comfortable, and really easy to get in and out of. they are really soft and give you support at the same.
Old     (duffmangt)      Join Date: Jan 2008       12-12-2009, 6:16 PM Reply   
the watsons are a little bit more stiff. they are a great fitting/easy entry boot with more support than the shanes. The shanes seem to give more for pokes and tweaks.

Want more support go with watson, want softer support go with shane. Both are super easy in and out and hold really well.
Old     (mckenna)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-13-2009, 1:56 PM Reply   
i find the watsons better for wider feet too.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       12-13-2009, 4:33 PM Reply   
Both boots use the same last, so they fit identically. The only difference is the Watson is a little higher and stiffer in the upper ankle. Otherwise they are the same.