Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-20-2008, 3:35 PM Reply   
got the hk drive+play fm adapter. hooked it up in my girlfriend's car today. works great! she's stoked! thanks man!

now i just gotta hook mine up to my truck. luckily, my truck stereo has an aux input. no fm adapter needed.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-20-2008, 3:38 PM Reply   
Doesn't it come with the FM adaptor included? I just gave one to my brother and I thought that the FM adapter was part of the unit. I thought that you only had to get more parts if you want to direct wire it. I was going to install if for him today, but it's 15 degrees here in Atlanta and I just don't own enough clothes to go out in that weather!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-20-2008, 3:41 PM Reply   
no, the fm adaptor's sold separately. everything's included for direct wire.

as for the install, it was relatively easy (took me less than 2hrs including a few stopages to check on the pats-chargers game), but i didn't want to drill any holes so i ran the wires under panels to hide them and just used the sticker for the display and controller. i'll post pics later after the packers-giants game.
Old     (lcky275)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-20-2008, 5:34 PM Reply   
$20

Harman Kardon DP1US Drive+Play iPod Car Kit System w/LCD Display

http://www.stootsi.com/

(Message edited by lcky275 on January 20, 2008)
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-20-2008, 5:44 PM Reply   
yep, that's where i got it. in fact, i bought 2.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-20-2008, 5:58 PM Reply   
My user manual says, "Drive + Play has a built-in FM transmitter and it's software provides a choice of five fixed FM frequencies..." I'm thinking that means I'm set unless I want to hard-wire it.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-20-2008, 6:05 PM Reply   
you're right, but will it get a lot more interference vs. a wired fm transmitter?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-20-2008, 6:10 PM Reply   
I know for a fact that the quality won't be as good as a wired system, but my brother is already using a Sirius system via FM transmitter, so I figure if I wire this one up the same way he won't have any gripes.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-20-2008, 6:13 PM Reply   

quote:

Wired FM Transmission

For better quality FM transmission performance, consider purchasing our Wired FM Transmitter for direct connection (via the Antenna jack on the Electronics Enclosure) to your radio's antenna input (see Wiring Diagram on the next page).

NOTE: Depending on your vehicle model, antenna plug adaptors may be required to connect the Wired FM Transmitter to your radio and antenna.

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-20-2008, 6:14 PM Reply   
i also read in the manual that you can connect a satellite system into the brain of the hk drive+play.
Old     (sbaugz)      Join Date: May 2007       01-23-2008, 10:45 AM Reply   
Joe, you are welcome. Glad you are happy with the direct connect, and glad it arrived okay. Thanks for the great transaction. Steve Baugrud
Old     (sbaugz)      Join Date: May 2007       01-23-2008, 10:47 AM Reply   
By the way, for even better sound quality than the direct wired FM connector allows, you can always use RCA connection with the HK unit. The brain of the HK unit has a 3.5mm stereo plug output that you can use to connect it to your head units RCA inputs. Just buy a 3.5mm stereo to RCA cable. That's what I did with my boat.