Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2007

Old     (rmbrinner)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-27-2007, 8:34 PM Reply   
I am currently looking for a new board and believe I have narrowed it down to either an 06 Liquid Force PS3 or an 06 CWB Transcend Platinum, 137 and 138 respectively.

I am 5'11", 160 lbs and have a rider ability of intermediate.

I have been riding a Double Up Greg Nelson Dead Fish 138 for the past 5 years. I tried out a Liquid Force Substance last year thinking I was ready for a new board; but after riding it, I couldn't resist to go back to my old board. So, if the PS3 is similar to the substance, maybe I should go with the transcend.

One thing I can say that I am interested in is that I would like a board with a lot of pop and soft landings. Not sure whether that will help or not.

I would appreciate any feedback any of you may have.

Thanks!
Old     (gimp990)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-27-2007, 8:51 PM Reply   
what do you not like about the PS3?
what do you like about your old board that the PS3 doesnt have?
Old     (gimp990)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-27-2007, 8:56 PM Reply   
You might want to demo the shane and watson. They have a totally different feel from ither the PS3 or substance in my opinion.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-27-2007, 9:03 PM Reply   
The PS3 is like the Substance, but I still think it's the better of the two boards.
Old    innov8actionsports.com            03-28-2007, 8:28 AM Reply   
The 06 Transcend is a bit on the slower side, so if you like a fast board then I wouldent get an 06 Transcend, but it does have big pop and soft landings, its a great wake to wake board.

Demo an 07 Transcend its a new shape for 07 and its a great board, love everything about it!!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-28-2007, 9:47 AM Reply   
Yep. I agree with Jeff. Honestly, the 07 Transcend is a much closer competitor to the Substance (which I have ridden). The 07 Trani rails into the wake, fast, like the Substance. But it land much softer and is a tad more loose.
Old     (rmbrinner)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-28-2007, 7:16 PM Reply   
I appreciate all the advice. I think I am going to try to demo a few boards because I am still a little unsure.

The problem is that I have ridden the same board for 5 years so I have nothing really to compare it to other than about a 5 minute ride on the substance last year. It has been so long that I can't even remember what it was that I didn't like about it. I just knew I liked my Double Up better. Since I don't really have anything to compare my old board to, I don't really know what someone means by fast or slow because I don't know whether the board I ride would be a fast or slow board.

If I didn't like the substance, should I try the watson instead of the PS3? I thought I heard someone say last year that the watson was similar to the substance, but I may be wrong.
Old     (gimp990)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-28-2007, 8:08 PM Reply   
I was actually meaning the substance not the ps3 in my previous post. sorry. Man try what ever you can. You might find a board that you havent even considered getting that you like. To me the watson was similar with and without the removable fin. They all three track the same to me. I couldnt ever get them to set a solid quick edge without the back end wanting to slide out. It is just how i ride. I love the shane though it was total different from those three, it is very fast, tracks solid but loose only when i want it be, and crazy consistent pop, it just fit me perfect. You have to ride it to see what i am talking about. You might want to look into the new axis i think it will have a feel kinda like the shane with the fin setup it has. There is something different about those cupped fins. sorry if my message is hard to follow.