Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old    wake_chik            02-10-2004, 1:33 PM Reply   
Hey I am a, newly addicted to wakeboarding, canadian rider. I hate the cold and am looking to move someplace where I can wakeboard more than a few months a year. Any suggestions?

Also, I would love to work in the industry but my riding experience is limited right now.

Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!
Old     (nashjeffries)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-10-2004, 3:42 PM Reply   
yeah, get in a lone behind all of us. im #2346
Old    cdn_wkbrdr            02-10-2004, 4:29 PM Reply   
Canadian Winters suck. Another blizzardy day here. Cant wait for the 4 months we can actually ride!
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-10-2004, 4:31 PM Reply   
Move to Florida - I rode today - shorts and a rashgaurd. It was 80 and the water was high 60s.

Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       02-11-2004, 12:03 PM Reply   
I'm almost to the point where I'm counting days till May long weekend. Hopefully the water will be free of ice and I can get started. I don't care that it's still freakin cold with a full 2 and 3mm. When I've been thinking about wakeboarding every weekend since my last ride in mid September anything not ice is boardable!
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       02-11-2004, 12:13 PM Reply   
Rychelle, and anyone else from Edmonton, are you going to the Boat and Sportsman show March 11th-14th? I'll be going for sure, check out a new board, get a helmet and some new vids, and always the dream of a spank me new boat!
Old    bambamski            02-11-2004, 1:22 PM Reply   
Month and a half until my first ride or the year! In the mean time Snowboarding is the next best thing.
Old    wake_chik            02-11-2004, 1:28 PM Reply   
I am looking forward to the ice melting as well. ;) If I can quit breaking bones I would be a bit more excited about snowboarding....in the mean time wakeboarding is filling my thoughts. Definitely will be attending the boat show...can't wait to check everything out. Other than that I will hopefully be heading out to a camp in Florida!! Too impatient to wait another 4 months....
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       02-13-2004, 2:14 PM Reply   
Month and a half Pat? Wow that's ambition, ice doesn't come off my lake till closer to end of April if I'm lucky.

Must be nice to head down to Florida... one day, one day!
Old    bambamski            02-13-2004, 2:43 PM Reply   
Arizona actually

Heading down there for spring break and I've lined up a day on the water with the wakeleech who used to live around the Buffalo Lake area here in Alberta.

End of April in BC or Courd'alane (sp) is my usual time to get out on the water though. I certainly didn't say I was trunking it though.
Old    wake_chik            02-13-2004, 2:50 PM Reply   
When is spring break? I am heading down to Florida the first week of April...I don't want to get stuck paying the expensive flights around spring break....

Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       02-14-2004, 12:35 AM Reply   
That's awesome Pat, I keep telling myself one of these days. I'll finally be out of the whole college thing next year so I won't have exams to worry about studying for. Then it's just a matter of money and not so much about the time.
Old    bambamski            02-17-2004, 7:21 AM Reply   
Spring Break is the first week in April.
Old    lforce23            02-21-2004, 8:43 AM Reply   
hey rychelle spring break is at its peak the 2nd and 3rd week in march not the first week of april. you really shouldnt run into to many expensive tickets around the first week of april. see people up north there spring break is always late but in florida its going off in march. been through 13 spring breaks in florida and loved every minute of it