Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old    cuttinbutta            06-29-2004, 2:09 PM Reply   
i love a freakin huge gnarly wake and i want to make the sickest wake on the lake. I would assume just packing thousands of pounds into the boat would do the trick, but somebody said that you can have too much weight. This almost made me cry. So i was wondering if anybody knew how to tell if you have too much weight in your ride. i have a 2000 super air natique with the standard ballast system and i want to load it up to the guildersleeves with weight. HOW MUCH IS TOO MUCH

(Message edited by cuttinbutta on June 29, 2004)
Old     (ryanbush11)      Join Date: May 2003       06-29-2004, 2:13 PM Reply   
when water starts to come over the sides, you're pretty close the the maximum
Old    wakeboycoy            06-29-2004, 4:47 PM Reply   
I load my vlx down only to the point where it gets to be a nuessance to drive and difficult to keep the front from submerging. I have 1000 lbs in back 500 in the floor and 500 up front between the seats. That along with an avg 5-8 people ussually does the trick. The wake is retarded huge!!! Just make sure ur wake isn't rolling over. Oh yeah and I don't know that the insurance co. will replace your boat if you sink it trying to build "Mount Launch" behind the boat.
Old    kazaam            07-04-2004, 11:57 PM Reply   
I had a 2001 san and we loaded it down with the stock 400 # ballast in the rear, 500 on each side of the engine, 1000 in the ski locker, another 500 sac ontop of the ski locker...kinda like right behind where the walk way starts, 300 of lead under the seats in the front and another 500 # sac on top of that. Wehn there were just two of us, we would put an additional 250 pound sac on the back seat......all of this made a huge wake....the only bad thing was gas...it guzled it down with the 5.7 liter. Keep in mind we were riding at 85 foot going 24 mph or a little higher. when we would try to stuff in anymore weight, the boat was really slugish....but with the weight of another super air sitting on top of it you can see why. ANY slower than 24 the wake would curl
Old    absolutofft            07-05-2004, 12:33 AM Reply   
shaq, that is pretty insane! any pics of the wake?

I run a 1500lb fatseat at the back, a 700lb and a 600lb fatsac on either side of the engine. However getting these fatsacs filled to the max is pretty near impossible due to space constraints, I would say they are filled close to 500lbs each.
Old    x9er            07-05-2004, 12:12 PM Reply   
when I bought my boat it came with two fat sacs. How can I tell how much water(weight) they hold? It also came with an aluminum tank.
Old     (macdaddy)      Join Date: May 2004       07-06-2004, 6:33 PM Reply   
steve what is up with the alum. tank in you boat...where is it??? is it plumbed into the stock ballest system???
Old    natter            07-08-2004, 2:28 PM Reply   
2004 san factory ballast 600# in the back 600 in the bow and 600 on the floor in the center of the boat and six people. 80' rope length 22 mph. Had problems getting the boat up to speed but once it was up it was great. scary to drive.
Old     (evil_e)      Join Date: May 2004       07-08-2004, 3:05 PM Reply   
Steve, here is a site that will help you calculate water weight http://www.onlineconversion.com/waterweight.htm. If you know how many gallons the bag holds it's easy, a gallon of water weighs 8.345 lbs so just multiply that by the number of gallons it holds. If you don't know the gallons you could measure the length and height (in inches) of the bags, multiply them by eachother to get cubic inches (round down because this is will give you cubic inches for a squared area, not rounded like your bags) and put that into the online converter.
Old     (cwbwakeboarder)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-12-2004, 8:40 AM Reply   
once the boat starts to sink then u know u got to much weight. hahaha i have a moomba outback with ballast and 5 fat sacs when i have a boat full of people and the sacs filled the water come up to the rub rail.