Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-22-2010, 7:18 PM Reply   
Noticed my right rear tail light is out. No light, blinker, or brake light. Is that all one bulb? I briefly tried getting in there to take a look, but couldn't figure out how to get at it? Trailer is a 2002 mastercraft. How do you get at that?
Old     (olmoomba)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-24-2010, 11:15 AM Reply   
chances are you replace the whole light. They're fairly cheap, but if you lost all of those functions, check your wiring.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-24-2010, 11:53 AM Reply   
That's a sealed bulb/tail light assembly. You can pull the plug from the back and put a tester on the leads to check for power or you can purchase a new assembly. Most auto parts stores and Wally World have replacements. I carry a spare in the truck and a tester. The entire light is held in place with the rubber gasket around the light. You can pull the entire thing out and pop it back in.

If you told me all trailer lights were out I would check the ground first as this is a common failure. Since its only one side my guess is the bulb.
Old     (mdaijogo)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-24-2010, 11:59 AM Reply   
I have to second the wiring. I have seen the wiring get loos from the butt connectors in other trailers. The easiest way to check is for voltage. Turn on the lights and see if you are getting 12V to the hot lines on the trailer.

Mario-
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-25-2010, 6:24 AM Reply   
A simple 12v tester in the boat will solve these issues quickly and have used it multiple times over the years to check trailer lights, reverse brake release, a failed ignition I was able to hotwire, checked interior lights, anchor lights and yesterday diagnosed why my sub woofer that did not come on because of a loose ground. To me its a must have in the tool box especially for those emergency fixes and they only cost around 10 bucks.