Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-23-2010, 12:45 PM Reply   
Kinda surprised this wasn't started earlier. Well not really with the strong Republican undertones throughout the WW community.

So after conservative blogger Andrew Breitbart shows an edited clip of Shirley Sherrod it sparks a huge media news storm. And who other than Fox News runs with it and the Republican darling Bill O'reilly run with a story that they clearly didn't investigate all the facts. Basic journalism lost in the interest of ratings.

Very sad considering it wasn't even true... she helped the "white farmer"
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-23-2010, 12:50 PM Reply   
I'm not surprised one bit.

I'm also not surprised no one has mentioned this little jewel:

Name:  1279057310_cover-290.jpg
Views: 909
Size:  49.7 KB
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-23-2010, 1:26 PM Reply   
You would expect that from a news organization that went to court to preserve their right to lie. I think they should throw the person who fired her under the bus.
Old    bigdtx            07-23-2010, 1:48 PM Reply   
idiocacy.
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-23-2010, 8:52 PM Reply   
wait, wait, wait... so what you're saying is that fox news did not "have all the facts", yet said that Ms. Sherrod "acted stupidly"? hmmm. That's interresting...
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-23-2010, 9:14 PM Reply   
I really don't care one way or another but........That woman has a serious racial chip on her shoulder. Every interview, that whole speech, etc. it's all about race with her. She is like the black version of a Klan member. I thought race wasn't supposed to matter? The irony is the White House canned her before they even knew the whole story. Obama & crew have really been hitting them outta the park. Dude is like Bush,jr but without the loyalty to his cronies.............
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-24-2010, 6:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdad View Post
Well not really with the strong Republican undertones throughout the WW community.
It's really funny that this conservative sees it opposite as you.

I haven't been keeping up with the Sherrod story. Perhaps I need to take a look. I can't stand lies. It doesn't matter who makes it up.
Old    deltahoosier            07-24-2010, 12:30 PM Reply   
Who cares about Bristol and Levi? Two people making mistakes just like everyone else. If I kept a list of worries, they would be around 2 millionth thing on my list.

On the Sherrod thing. I have not even kept track of it. Sounds like she is a racist from things I hear. Sounds like Fox did not do enough research. Sounds like her firing went all the way to the white house. I wonder who are the bigger idiots. Fox News or the President?
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-24-2010, 1:44 PM Reply   
how many of you guys got back together with exes more than once? just because she is related to someone with power within the GOP makes it somehow different? I applaud them for making a go of it, since they do have a child together.

the dems are just as guilty as the conservatives in the whole sherrod deal. although that lady is one racist biotch in my opinion.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-24-2010, 2:37 PM Reply   
^Yeah, it has the makings of a successful marriage. Two kids fresh out of high school, with a mother-in-law that has publicly bashed her soon-to-be son-in-law. Just another episode of Real World-Wasilla.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-24-2010, 3:10 PM Reply   
So because it may not work out they shouldn't try? I think its great that they are going for it in light of all the scrutiny.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-24-2010, 4:46 PM Reply   
^Wouldn't you think if they were really committed to "going for it", they would try to remove themselves from the public limelight, and not thrust themselves into it?

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b192..._drama_in.html

I give it about six months.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-24-2010, 4:53 PM Reply   
I'm sure the Sarahcuda is very proud.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-08-2010, 6:09 AM Reply   
"I give it about six months."

http://www.people.com/people/article...407608,00.html

Hell, the engagement didn't even last six weeks. I was dead wrong on this one.
Old    deltahoosier            08-09-2010, 2:35 PM Reply   
I think you and David Letterman are the only two people in the country that give a crap about those two kids.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-09-2010, 3:42 PM Reply   
^^^You could probably add Perez Hilton to that list too
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       08-11-2010, 10:57 PM Reply   
Who cares about Palin's baby's babies? Anyone remember presidential hopeful Fred Thompson? The anti-big-gov't obama-is-a-communist "fiscal conservative?" Now he's pushing sleazy "government-backed" reverse mortgage scams, wtf?

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/7...erse-mortgages

http://gawker.com/5574904/fred-thomp...erse-mortgages
Old    deltahoosier            08-12-2010, 10:38 AM Reply   
Of the two choices, I would rather have someone who was a only a hopefully pushing reverse mortgages than have the actual person in office who supports lets say.....actaul sleezy insurance scams for the public and have someone in office and a general public that actually understands that the actual health care is what costs money, not insurance. I guess that would be too much to ask.