Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (MBinthe831)      Join Date: Mar 2011       06-16-2011, 7:26 PM Reply   
I'm all about clean buttery water so when my kids beg me to tube, the first thing I consider is how I'm going to completely destroy the lake. So I usually wait until afternoon when it's chopped out. What etiquette (if any) do you use when tubing?
1. only power turn into a bunch of moored boats (like some a@#hole last weekend)
2. be sure to pull your tuber right thru the sweet area where people are still boarding.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-16-2011, 8:36 PM Reply   
Donuts around boats that are moving and towing people, buzz as many of them as you can, especially if they have a rider in the water, and follow close behind them so you can hit their wakes too.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-17-2011, 6:41 AM Reply   
Cut infront of a boat pulling a rider and make sure to zig zag as much as possible so they can't find a line to get around you
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-17-2011, 6:50 AM Reply   
Run short perpendicular zigzags to another rider's line.

Last edited by wake77; 06-17-2011 at 6:54 AM.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-17-2011, 6:53 AM Reply   
Run the edge around the lake making sure to tear up all the good water for anyone else instead of running the middle where the better tubing water is anyways
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-17-2011, 8:16 AM Reply   
I like to find the best butter I can and toss the tubes out. Every hardcore tuber knows that you get your best whips in butter! After a long session of tubing in the butter, I like to just sink half my boat and spend the rest of the days shredding the buitter, by shredding the butter I mean of course wake surfing in the butter.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-17-2011, 2:53 PM Reply   
Wakesurfing IS the new tubing, they finally found a way to f**k the water up more than they did before.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-17-2011, 3:40 PM Reply   
friends to let friends wakesurf.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       06-18-2011, 7:41 AM Reply   
When you guys go out for a day on the water, what do you do for fun after all of the runabouts, cruisers, and jetskis turn the lake into a tidal basin?
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-18-2011, 9:40 AM Reply   
jet skiers suck just as much too