Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (norris_laker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-22-2008, 7:08 PM Reply   
Why does wakesurfing need to be affiliated with surfing when surfing doesn’t appear to want to be affiliated with wakesurfing. I just went to surfermag.com and surfline.com and found zero references to wakesurfing. Just don't see Centurion's responsibility to ocean boarders. As best as I can tell, Centurion is in the business of selling wakeboats which are used to wakesurf. Ocean surfer and skimmers use the ocean for their sport. Why should Centurion target a group of athletes that don't use their product for their main sport? If these athletes can't afford the $350 plane ticket to fly from LAX to Nashville, I doubt they can afford the $60000.00 boat that Centurion would like to sell.

I also want to see the best possible athletes at the event. There is nothing from stopping them. If they want to be there all they need to do is come. Still trying to figure out why if the best surf athletes in CA didn’t attend past wakesurf events in CA, why would they attend another event in CA.

Troy, great post. I think Nashville is a great location for the event and I expect it to be the best WWSC ever.