Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (corerider)      Join Date: May 2008       08-15-2013, 4:00 PM Reply   
Half way through this season and I have picked up some audio noise in the in-boats speakers only. It's kind of a fuzzy, sometimes crackling noise. It doesn't change with volume, but does tend to be less audible with certain music. It's most noticeable when no music is playing. I can fade the in-boats out and the noise goes away. I've tried everything I know to test for bad parts, but can't seem to corner the problem. There is no noise when I plug an iPod directly to the amp. I tried swapping RCAs with another amp and the problem didn't flow the RCAs. All my stereo components are wired to a common power point (fixed that last season). I've read out the RCAs with a multi-meter and none are shorted to ground. I did have varying ohm valves between different sets of RCAs (from 22-35 ohms), but no short. My EQ is just an old Clarion unit a friend gave me years ago. Could that be causing some kind of interference with only the in-boat speakers? Nothing has changed about my system this season, no cabling or wires moved, just this noise. Once again, I hear noise in only the 6 in-boat speakers, not in the subs or tower.

Components for more info:
1 - Kicker IX500.4 (in-boat amp)
1 - Kicker IX1000.1 (sub amp)
1 - WS SYN4 (tower amp)
1 - Clarion XMD1
1 - Clarion EQS560
4 - Polk MMC650 (in-boat speakers)
2 - Polk MM651 (bow in-boats)
2 - Kicker CVR10 2 ohm
2 - WS Rev410
4 - Stinger RCA cables 18" long

Any ideas?