Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-16-2007, 6:59 PM Reply   
Hey folks, I just back from the lake and wanted to share my new gear experience. I got to take my new Answer boots out for a spin. Having only used closed toe boots in the summer I will say my feet stayed a little warmer in the 54 degree water. Those boots are pretty damn cool. Wrap tight, solid hold around the ankle and still pretty flexible. It was amazing how even they gripped the entire foot/lower ankle, solid everywhere. I can't wait to get them broken in and in some warm water. If you guy are looking for a new boot, check the Answers, I'm stoked to use them this coming year.

Plus the look pretty awesome on my Faction board, I've been riding the Faction for the last month and that thing is so fun to ride. Real smooth and huge pop. This year is going to be awesome!
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-16-2007, 9:20 PM Reply   
Heavy, do they have much support? Boy thats a huge change from a plat absoulte to a Faction. I picked one up last season and it was little on the heavy side for CWB. If that was in a Plat that board would sell like hot cakes. Are they making a Plat by any chance.
Old     (shagman)      Join Date: Sep 2004       12-17-2007, 10:21 AM Reply   
I was finally able to try on the 08 Zeus, Answer, and Faction Bindings the other day, and I think CWB is definitely moving in the right direction. I feel that the 06 and 07 hinge bindings did a great job of keeping you foot in place, but I wouldn't consider them to be very comfortable. To me it felt like my foot was is a clamp, with constant pressure on it. I also felt like they didn't bend naturally with my ankle, and I would feel pinching and restriction of movement.
When I tried the 08's on, they really felt like they improved all of these aspects. They are more plush on the inside, fit very naturally to the foot, and felt very secure, wtihout the constant pressure. The switch hinge works well, and makes them look a lot less mechanical, which I think will help them sell. I really want to get them on the water to try them out.
The one thing I think CWB really needs to do is get the switch hinge on the kids bindings. being more flexible, as well as shorter, young kids are really at a high risk of hitting the hinge lever on falls, or even when just being pulled out of the water. I'm sure CWB is probably aware of this, I just hope they get on it.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-17-2007, 10:46 AM Reply   
Yeah I was really impressed how clean the boots look. The Hinge folds down out of the way & with the snakeskin looking outer material they are pretty baller. Like I said above, the even pressure around your entire foot/ankle was the best feature, and the increased arch support.

Squid, the boots have a fair bit of support. More than my 07 Deuce and not quite as much as my 06 Zeus. I think they are going to break in nice. I was surprised how easy the transition from Absolute to Faction was, they pop & release fairly similarly. Yeah its heavier but not too noticeable. As far as I know there is no plan for a Platinum Faction. They just don't move enough Plattys. Too bad, that would be incredible.
Old     (kopp210)      Join Date: Jan 2005       12-17-2007, 3:55 PM Reply   
The 08 faction is much lighter than the 07. Not a platinum, but far improved from a weight standpoint.
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-18-2007, 9:25 AM Reply   
I rode the answer bindings for the first time on Sunday and thought that they were great. They just hug your foot really well and all the materials used on them are extremely soft and comfy. I had been ridding the 08 Zues and liked them as well but I thought that the wrap went to high and they were a little to stiff. The answer felt like they had better heal hold down and seemed a little tighter than the Zueses that I had but I'm sure they just need to break in more.