Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 25, 2007

Old     (truebeachbum)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-25-2007, 6:09 PM Reply   
does anyone have any pics
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-25-2007, 6:14 PM Reply   
Yea there are pics, but I think epic needs to make a high quality video with experienced riders showing the full potential of the wake.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-25-2007, 6:33 PM Reply   
Chase, do a search. I know there are some good pics of the wake on here. I think there is some pics in the "show my your wake" thread (or something named like that).
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-25-2007, 7:13 PM Reply   
Yeah same 3-4 pics have been going around....
Old     (chikara22)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-25-2007, 7:30 PM Reply   
www.myspace.com/nortexws

this has some good pics.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-25-2007, 7:50 PM Reply   
http://neoacousticsav.com/wakesports/

go to the gallery, its full of shots of the wake, which is huge
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-25-2007, 8:40 PM Reply   
Not to criticize....but it may be large, but it is wash out and crappyUpload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-25-2007, 9:37 PM Reply   
That looks like a poorly weighted boat.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-25-2007, 9:37 PM Reply   
The dealer is using those shots to sell the boat?
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-25-2007, 9:44 PM Reply   
looks like that boat is going about 12mph.
Old    mendo247            04-25-2007, 9:55 PM Reply   
LMAO!

i id have to agree with j-rod on this one.. and maybe need to speed up jus a bit lol
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-25-2007, 10:14 PM Reply   
Quote[www.myspace.com/nortexws

this has some good pics.]

Like this picture???

Upload
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-25-2007, 10:16 PM Reply   
Except that picture is from the Camo LSV not the Epic.
Old    deltahoosier            04-25-2007, 10:22 PM Reply   
Bring the crash cart. Joe U to the ER stat. Please help that dealer or whoever it is.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-25-2007, 10:22 PM Reply   
Rich....dude....you need to quit it already,REALLY!
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-25-2007, 10:22 PM Reply   
Exactly....I shot that and made the merge of 5 shots.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-25-2007, 10:29 PM Reply   
Here are more .....

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-25-2007, 10:32 PM Reply   
Nah Clint I think those epic pics are more around the 16mph mark.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-25-2007, 10:38 PM Reply   
same old pics EVERY SINGLE TIME.......doesn't it get old?

and no it is NOT that impressive,big yes but impressive NO.

Now a single rudder Epic will kill that LSV wake.From that 1st pic I can see that the weight distribution is not the problem but that "VECTOR" steering is.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-26-2007, 12:09 AM Reply   
"Now a single rudder Epic will kill that LSV wake" Wow, thats a bold statment Big_E, Word around the "pro" camp fire is that Jerry Nunns old LSV, now Keith Lymans new LSV has the biggest wake around. If the Epic kills it then that is impressive work.
Old     (wakeman7)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-26-2007, 5:22 AM Reply   
It looks like he is turning the boat.
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-26-2007, 5:53 AM Reply   
Rson, you have offended the local MC apologist, big ed, please do not post that pic again
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-26-2007, 6:23 AM Reply   
Good thing you posted hte pics of the boat getting to speed, and look at the rider, she doesn't seem to be experienced, the site has like 4 other pics of the wake clean and massive... bottom line is you can pick up a year old epic demo for around 40k.... best deal out there
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-26-2007, 6:56 AM Reply   
Although I haven't seen the wake in person, too many reputable people have told me the wake is bad a##. I'm thinking the boat is going to be validated big time at the Spring Ride.

Can't wait to see this thing in person.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-26-2007, 7:20 AM Reply   
"same old pics EVERY SINGLE TIME.......doesn't it get old?"

I could look at that shot all day actually. F-ing sick.

(Message edited by jarrod on April 26, 2007)
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-26-2007, 7:22 AM Reply   
That last pic is hands down the biggest wake I've ever seen. How is that not impressive??
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-26-2007, 7:30 AM Reply   
I thought those pics above were from that camo LSV with a crap load of weight....looks awesome!

That being said, put 4K lbs of ballast in most new V-drives and you'll get a rediculous wake. Maintaining a nice shape would be a different story I'd guess.
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-26-2007, 7:38 AM Reply   
Have they started delivering customer boats yet? I haven't heard anything in awhile.
Old     (wiscoepic)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-26-2007, 8:43 AM Reply   
Those pictures on my website have not been updated in so long. That was her second time out wakeboarding. You get the boat up too speed and it cleans up. If you’re in Wisconsin and you interested in possibly going for a ride this weekend shoot me an email. Also once I go this weekend I’ll snap some new pictures and post them up.

Scott
S&A Marine
www.sawakesports.com
Old     (wiscoepic)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-26-2007, 8:47 AM Reply   
Upload
Upload

Thats how the wake really looks.
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       04-26-2007, 8:51 AM Reply   
Scott,

we're out on Okauchee just outside of Oconomowoc all the time. Any chance we could get a pull some morning this summer?
Old     (wiscoepic)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-26-2007, 8:56 AM Reply   
No worries. I might be on Pine Lake on Saturday. Just shoot me an email or give me a call be happy to show you the boat sometime this summer.
Old    bocephus            04-26-2007, 9:07 AM Reply   
I see Jimmy Wolf out riding the Epic here in AZ all the time. It's big, it doesn't look any bigger than SAN with about 2000 #'s of additional weight...
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-26-2007, 10:45 AM Reply   
those pics of the double up are the camo bu on ray hubbard, NOT the epic
Old     (whocares)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-26-2007, 11:07 AM Reply   
ITs funny how all these epic guys talk up their wake so much, "its the biggest," "its the baddest" 1st off, none of these guys selling these epics or really even riding behind it are the caliber of rider that need a wake that size. 2nd if going out for 3 hours running full ballast and burning around $$150 in gas is ur idea of fun? more power to ya. You put 4k pounds in ANY competition wakeboard boat these days and you get the same effect, a massive, washy wake, 14-20 GPH fuel consumption, and extensive transmission wear. Lets talk about one of these epics after it has around 200-300 hours on it. see what kinda service it needs
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-26-2007, 11:20 AM Reply   
Wow John... That was such an exceptional rant. True to your name.

I saw the Epic on Folsom one Saturday morning and it looked BIG. Big enough to go "wow, that is a big wake". To have a wake that size without additional ballast would be sweet. (coming from a guy who steps over sacks all weekend)
Old    bocephus            04-26-2007, 11:41 AM Reply   
The Epic wake that I have seen is pretty clean. I would also bet that the boat that Jimmy Wolf has been using has over 200 or 300 hours on it. You don't have to run around all day with the ballast full, hell people don't like the ballast full on my SAN all the time, most of them are frightened when they get out behind it. Just like the '07 210 I would suggest actually checking one out and riding behind it before bashing or praising the boat...

Either way you have to give props to Chris for actually building the boat and then actually making a go at selling them to everyone..
Upload

(Message edited by bocephus on April 26, 2007)
Old     (pdxviperguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-26-2007, 11:47 AM Reply   
who out there actually owns one of these things that can tell us about it from an objective user based standpoint?
Old    d_fresh            04-26-2007, 12:05 PM Reply   
Hopefully I will be hooking up with Erik on the west side of Michigan to demo the boat. Also will doing a little beta testing for ACME prop. Presently they are running OJ. If anybody in the metro Detroit area would like to see or try the Epic, July 15 is the Walled Lake Wake Tournament. www.wlwake.com
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-26-2007, 12:05 PM Reply   
There they are....the same darn pictures of the Epic....you forgot the third one.

Upload

HOW ABOUT SOME NEW PICTURES!!! DOES ANYONE OWN THIS BOAT? BORROW A CAMERA!!!!
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       04-26-2007, 12:14 PM Reply   
Scott,

If you can get us out this spring, I'll take some photos. I don't take the very best but I do better than a lot of them.

If stantanner comes along he'll be able to utilize that wake pretty well.

why don't we pick a weekend, I'll pm you my phone and contact info. I know both Stan and I would love to get behind that beast!
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-26-2007, 12:18 PM Reply   
Brooke, no need to wait, bro!

Scott is scheduled to be down at our May Demo event on the Illinois River with an Epic!

May 18-20, Ottawa, IL. Come down, ride and party it up with the rest of the midwest riders. www.midwestmilitia.net for event info.

I'm going to do my best to get a set behind it as well and I'm sure someone will take a bunch of pics.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-26-2007, 1:05 PM Reply   
Dude.... chill everyone. There aren't that many of these boats around, yet. They're just really getting production rolling right now. Last year at the end of the year there were a few rolling around. Give it time. I bet there are a bunch of pics floating around mid-summer.

The wake is big... Trust me. Really big. That boat moves a lot of water. It also gets out of the water better than my old X2 with half that weight. The hull seems to be very well designed. Time will tell. It's a new boat.

I'm sure there'll be a lot of happy owners out there. And for those that are looking for a lightweight, easy to tow big boat that'll toss a huge wake with stock ballast, then this is your boat. What you burn in gas with the 8.1 can be partially made up by the fact that the boat weights a thousand pounds less than comperably sized boats, making it easy to tow.
Old     (wiscoepic)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-26-2007, 1:11 PM Reply   
Brooke, Shoot me an email with your contact info. We'll set up a date.

wiscoepic@gmail.com
Scott
S&A Marine
Old     (jeffblack)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-26-2007, 9:38 PM Reply   
Last weekend an Epic towed the Arizona Wakeboard Association event. Was anybody there? How was the wake? Any pics?
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-26-2007, 9:51 PM Reply   
the wake seems crazy and it is sick not having to have extra bags all over the floor, but when i got in one at the pleasanton show, i wasnt impressed with the fit and finish... But i would love to ride behind one!
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-26-2007, 9:54 PM Reply   
-Evan, when are we gonna see some pics of the wake of the new C.I.E X-Star?

i saw it at Nor cal this last weekend, looked sick...
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-26-2007, 10:40 PM Reply   
Darren,believe me when I tell you that it will KILL IT...DEAD! BANG!Plus IMO has a lot better shape.

I'm just tired of this guy praising this boat that's not even his and comes on a thread that the guy wants to see Epic wake pics and he has to throw the LSV wake in there that is at least 4 years old.

Next time somebody wants to see a Malibu wake,I'll take the crappiest pics I can find,post them and then post my MC wake that has a ton of weight in it and talk crap and we will then see how many people get their panties in the bunch.

Shane,Just know that what I say is 100% true to me.I'm no Epic owner and obviously didn't hurt my feelings.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-26-2007, 11:00 PM Reply   
Ok Ed, I know you have experience with super sized wakes so I respect your opinion. Hopefully I will get to sample it myself next time I am over there.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-26-2007, 11:03 PM Reply   
I hear spring ride is having 3 of them puppies....can you make it?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-26-2007, 11:28 PM Reply   
I am in Orlando for the 4th of July. I will be at OWC for the morning but trying to wangle a ride with Keith behind his LSV for the afto. Should be fun.
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       04-27-2007, 10:00 AM Reply   
Hmmmmmm, I wonder how many people Truly care about this wake?? I would NEVER buy the boat anyways. So, to me, the design of the boat has a funny look to it compared to MC, SAN, Moomba, Malibu, etc....

I'm sorry, but when these epic threads come up about their wake, it's actually exciting to see everyone get into a deep debate about it.
Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-27-2007, 2:19 PM Reply   
Hey Ralph, can you give me a call on 0272819613...Bevan
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-29-2007, 12:03 AM Reply   
here are some more recent epic wake pics. the riders were riding lines between 85 and 90 feet.

Upload
Upload
Upload

btw, it looks like the boat in rich's pics looks like it's going reeeeeeeeally slow.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-29-2007, 8:26 AM Reply   
Is that a trough or a black hole? Looks like a SICK wake for anyone who likes a 210-style wake...which is pretty much everyone.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-29-2007, 8:34 AM Reply   
It is pretty funny that Rich posts pictures of the Epic wake pulling a beginner female rider (so like 17 mph presumably?) for comparison.

I'm as big of of a fan of the LSV wake as anyone, but give it a rest man. Give the Epic a chance at least.

Why is everyone lining up to hate this boat so early?
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-29-2007, 8:40 AM Reply   
yeah the epic seriously throws a nice steroid type old 210 wake.

Just wanted to apologize to all Malibu owner and anyone that was offended by my previous comments.reading back now my comments were unnecessary but provoked.That LSV is a really really nice boat I guess Rich posting those LSV pics that are really really old on a epic thread got to me since nobody asked to See those old a$$ pics but I am sorry nevertheless!
Old     (azwakekid)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-29-2007, 9:16 AM Reply   
the epic wake is huge. at the local awa contest in arizona. in the outlaw class there were 9 people in the boat and the ballast was full and they were complaining that the wake was to big.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-29-2007, 10:03 AM Reply   
Finally they got some good pics of the wake. Caution oxygen mask required during takeoff.
Old     (tmobe)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-29-2007, 4:12 PM Reply   
The EPIC was on Folsom on Thursday. The wake, huge! I have heard the boat, loud as hell from miles away! Not sure how you can hear the rear speakers over that noise. I have seen the boat, very nice looking. I hope it will stick around and work out the bugs. Bad news...later that day the riders my friends new that were on it, were still on it, but being towed in....by another boat since the engine was blown on the EPIC.
Old     (cla17)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-29-2007, 6:17 PM Reply   
Here are some more that I have in my files :-)

Upload

Upload

Upload

The Gretchen pics are in some pretty choppy waters but she rocks and rode hard her first time out on our 23v

I appreciate all the feedback on the wake and the boat. The pics of the Camo LSV are classic. It is a great looking boat and that sequence is what it is all about - great days with smooth water, big wakes, and friends ready with a camera to document you sweetest move of the day.

I am a fans of tournament boats in general. Every boat has its good points and bad but as far as they go the new and old LSVs have few on the bad side.
Old     (bhileman)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-29-2007, 11:54 PM Reply   
On april 21 i rode behind the epic fully weighted with like 7 people in the boat and it was probabley the biggest wake I have every rode on but it is big in a good way. It isnt like the 210 b/c it isnt as steep I would compare it to a beefy x-45 wake with a lip on the top. It literally came up to my waist, don't knock the boat until you ride behind it, yes it is a tank that plows through the water and gets gas efficiency but it throws a damn good wake. I give props to epic.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-30-2007, 8:21 PM Reply   
Wake Pics of Epic - Prototype 1... and Production Demo 1.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (txrider)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-01-2007, 3:21 PM Reply   
Just thought I would clear the air for RSON, the pic of the Malibu wake on our myspace, (www.myspace.com/nortexws) was put there because Matt Hoffman (the rider) gives lessons here along with Joey Arcisz. And yes that is a Malibu wake, a Malibu loaded with an 8.1L engine loaded with 4K of ballast. (sound familiar?) No where on the page does it say that wake is the Epic wake(the rider is ours though!!), however the rest of the pics (the ones that say "stock ballast" "1/4 Ballast" etc.) are of the Epic and we'll have more for ya soon. Oh, and since you live so close (rson) why don't you come out your self and take some pics. (you do own a camera right?) Instead of bashing something you know nothing about come take a ride.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-01-2007, 4:28 PM Reply   
wow sign me up for one of those boats
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-01-2007, 5:13 PM Reply   
extreme e. Garland is not close to the other side of the metroplex
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-01-2007, 5:45 PM Reply   
Great looking wake but I have seen wake shots that are just as good if not better. Not knocking the Epic wake just wondering what all the buzz is about? I have seen some jaw dropping wakes in my time and yes that is a great looking wake but to say its the top gun Im not buying it. Bu's are great Sans make a great wake Supra MB Hell There was a Centurian on our lake last summer an Avalanche and when it went by I couldnt help but think wow they must have that nicely waeighted cause the wake was huge. Its all in how you weight it.
Old     (cla17)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-01-2007, 5:52 PM Reply   
I don't think RSON was bashing...I know he and many others want to learn more about our boats and I think that is great. I wish we could pump out enough boats to have them at every event this summer but it has taken us a while to get production up to speed and really start getting some of these boats out to our dealers. I know that after this season there will be a lot more personal exposure to our 23v with the pics floating around to prove it. And with more exposure will come more answers for those out there interested some new boat technology. RSON is in a perfect place to go see our boys at NorTex and take a ride. He is close to them and most certainly has a good professional camera :-)
Old     (cla17)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-01-2007, 6:04 PM Reply   
Daniel- it is certainly how you weight it :-) Our boat has 4,000lbs of ballast so you can slam the boat how ever you chose for YOUR perfect style wake. That with our DROP ZONE hull(I know it is a corny acronym) serves up some sizable wakes with great shape and more importantly girth... By that I mean the table of water between our wakes. It isn't all about size although I have been told over and over again that our wake "is the biggest I've ever ridden". It is about shape and the mass of water behind our wake that really makes the difference. You get more pop out of a wake that has more water behind it because instead of crushing through the wake it holds firm as you edge through it. This is where our wake is set apart not in size but in form. I have been behind some boats that throw HUGE wakes(notably: older Supras and 210s) but the form was just not what I wanted to design in a wake hull. Our hull is built to throw a smooth transition/lots of size with a good lip/and plenty of girth wake. It is hard to really analyze wakes through pics so everyone will just have to take a pull and judge the wake for themselves(and then feel free to post pics and feedback for other WW peps to view and try to judge before they take a pull)
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-01-2007, 6:16 PM Reply   
Poser007... The fact is... the wake behind many other boats maybe as big as the Epic. The question is... how many sacks have to be filled up or how many people do you have to have in the boat?

The nicest thing about the Epic is that you are able to have one of the biggest wakes... without having a crew of 15... or filling up extra sacks... or using up extra storage...

The stock wake is the biggest stock out of the box... standard options wake out there.

In addition... you still have the same if not more storage than most other 22+ft V drives. Also you can still pile 12+ people in there.

I feel that my wake behind my Supreme is just as big... but I when I have all 3000+lbs loaded up... I have NO storage. And with a crew of 6+... my wake would be comparable...

Without filling up the extra sacks.. and a crew of 3... my wake isn't even close.

I think if you take any tournament wakeboard boat on the market today... and put them side by side... with the maximum offered stock ballasts in each of the boats... The Epic will be the biggest...

It just comes down to what works for each individual consumer... Do you want a BU... or MC... or SAN... its all personal preference. If you want to make the wake bigger... just add more weight... pretty simple.

I know guys who love their pre-90's direct drives. They fill them with lead, sand, and water ballast... you have no room to walk... but they dont care... and they love their big wake.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-01-2007, 6:20 PM Reply   
IMO,

That second to last pic is very impressive. You don't see that behind just any ole heavily weighted wake boat.

I do know a boat that will put out a wake like that though.

Upload
Old     (jmv)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-01-2007, 6:24 PM Reply   
Cliff, wow! How much weight you have there in that SAN?
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-01-2007, 8:12 PM Reply   
I totally agree with what kyle said... Plus, I hear all this crap about the "fit and finish" of the Epic. some forget that this is a brand new company and there will be problems, but what is trying to be done is awesome for our sport. You have to remember it is a "wakeboat". designed for wakeboarders, not families who like to wakeboard and stuff, that want to wakeboard behind a boat with a big wake who dont care if there is bling like a bu or super solid construction like a Tige or cool guages like a mastercraft, that dont want all their storage filled with lead and their floors stuffed with fat sacks. stock ballast 0 lbs - 4000 lbs. Just wait, in the next few years the "big 3" will be adding additional stock ballast... for a price.

btw, i dont own an epic or work for them.... i just have ballast envy.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-01-2007, 8:44 PM Reply   
Comon cliff photoshop...
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-01-2007, 10:23 PM Reply   
4000 lbs of ballast... Not all over the floor seems like a good family boat to me. You dont have to fill up all the ballast for those beginners and when you need it you got it. Without sacrificing any floor room...
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-02-2007, 7:02 AM Reply   
Photoshop...

Upload

Upload

I don't need no stinkin photoshop, just more lead.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-02-2007, 8:07 AM Reply   
Nope, just a longer rope......
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-02-2007, 9:33 AM Reply   
is mike riding at 55' in that pic?

Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-02-2007, 9:52 AM Reply   
Laci was at 65 21mph
Jeff was at 80 22.5mph
Mike was at 65 21.5mph

Don't hate rider, hate the wake.

I wanna ride in that Epic this weekend Joe.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-02-2007, 10:05 AM Reply   
no wonder it looks big...you guys ride newbie speed and newbie length!

just kidding man. look for me this weekend! you still have my number?

(Message edited by dakid on May 02, 2007)