Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 08, 2007

Old     (fastcrazyhurt)      Join Date: May 2007       07-01-2007, 9:19 PM Reply   
ok i'm having trouble deciding on a new board, coming from the first parks board with 5 year old lf transit bindings i need to upgrade becuase my board is finnaly splitting apart. so after all my research i have narrowed down slightly. i would like to save money if performance is not effect to much. i am just starting to try and learn 360's, 180's, and hopefully rolls by end of summer but can edge good and get good air. i want a board with good pop and soft easy landings.

what should i get?

Watson, shane, transcend, absolute, ronix one or covin.

watson - cheaper price. durable
shane - don't really know much about it
transcend - most expensive but suppose to be great

absolute - awesome all around board
ronix one - seems to be weak

also what bindings and i can't demo here it sucks already to try and demo a watson. thanks would like to buy tomarrow.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-01-2007, 9:31 PM Reply   
i've had several people ride my board. all but one (he's sponsored by another company) have since bought one for themselves.

lf shane
Old     (norcalboarder11)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-01-2007, 9:39 PM Reply   
I would suggest go with the ronix frontier. It a really smooth ride with consistent pop and soft landings. I was riding that for a couple days as a demo and then i bought the covenant. The ONE is the more aggressive board on the line. All of ronix stuff is light and more durable then the boards you listed. I would say ronix
Old     (norcalboarder11)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-01-2007, 9:39 PM Reply   
ps FBA
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-01-2007, 9:55 PM Reply   

quote:

All of ronix stuff is light and more durable then the boards you listed.

really? can you link me to some corroborating facts?
Old     (fastcrazyhurt)      Join Date: May 2007       07-01-2007, 10:07 PM Reply   
i'm just saying from what i've read on this forum alot of people were claming of having problems with the ronix boardsjust do a search and read it for yourself i am still considering ronix. brando when you say more agressive what does that mean why would it be harder to ride. just trying to get as much info as i can before i make a choice. i'm leaning toward a watson, shane or a one as of the moment. thanks
Old     (norcalboarder11)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-01-2007, 10:16 PM Reply   
in response to joe's question:
they weighed danny's old hyperlite set up and his new ronix set up side by side and the ronix set up was i believe 5 puonds lighter then the hyperlite set up. also in the ronix boards they use a lighter strong fiberglass.

James:
when i say aggresive i mean that when you put the board on edge its gonna react and lock onto the water quicker. your cut into the wake is gonna be fast. the one has good pop and seems to be less forgiving. but like i said if you are looking for a smooth mellow consistent board with good pop and control i liked the frontier. didnt think much about it until i rode it myself.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-01-2007, 10:19 PM Reply   
i wasn't questioning the weight of the board. where's the corroboration that it's more durable than the boards james listed?
Old     (fastcrazyhurt)      Join Date: May 2007       07-01-2007, 10:26 PM Reply   
so do you want a more forgiving board when your at my stage of wakeboard and learning new tricks?
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-02-2007, 7:34 AM Reply   
Go with the CWB Faction board and binding package. Great board, consistent pop, soft landings and very forgiving. The bindings are awesome--Hinge Tech is the highly recomend this setup--I rode the Absolute Platinum, then Transcend Platinum and currently on the Faction and am very happy. Also, the price on this combo is great!
Old     (fastcrazyhurt)      Join Date: May 2007       07-02-2007, 8:25 AM Reply   
thanks for the input i will look at the faction also. i need to order my board today. hope i can get some mor responses
Old     (fastcrazyhurt)      Join Date: May 2007       07-02-2007, 10:28 AM Reply   
i found a killer deal on a natural what do you guys think of that board?
Old     (charman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-02-2007, 10:33 AM Reply   
never been on it, but heard nothing but great things about it.
Old     (fastcrazyhurt)      Join Date: May 2007       07-02-2007, 12:20 PM Reply   
i could get a 06 natural for $190 or a 06 shane for $275 what one should i get?
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-02-2007, 12:37 PM Reply   
Natural!! I have yet to put a person on the Natural that hasn't liked it and for that price you can't go wrong. Fast board, great tracking when on edge yet easy to break loose when flat, sweet pop and soft landings.

Try it out I think you will like it.
Old     (utwake1)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-02-2007, 12:48 PM Reply   
I absolutely love the shane board. it has a great release off the wake for spins & has a very smooth landing. as far as bindings go, the close toed shanes are awesome as well. i have a pair of '06 ltd shane's (the black & white checkered ones) for sale if u need them
Old     (fastcrazyhurt)      Join Date: May 2007       07-02-2007, 12:56 PM Reply   
brad how much for the bindings? the natural is a 139 and i'm 6'2" and 195lbs. is this to small for me.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-02-2007, 1:09 PM Reply   
I would say the Shane for a board...it's awesome. However, it Breaks! Easily! I know of three 2007 Shanes (including mine) that have broke just in the Minneapolis area within the last two months. i've heard great things about the Natural too...i'm planning on trying it out on Thursday myself.
Old     (pilot_ryder)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-02-2007, 6:06 PM Reply   
I have the ronix one, it is the greatest board i have ever road, its light, its durrable, And the cuped edge it has is awsome for holding your edge in. It has a surf belly so when your out fooling around you can slide around on it. Appart from that the graphics look awsome
Old     (bigwaken2009)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-02-2007, 6:09 PM Reply   
absolute...gr8t board. And CWB has got your back no matter what.
Old     (wakeboardmatt)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-02-2007, 6:45 PM Reply   
Um may i suggest this Hyperlite state? I have the 05' version and i am SOOO Happy with it. On the toe side edge it has a slightly larger rail wich gives you more confidence cutting in, and the board has a ton of pop off the wake and is relatively light.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-03-2007, 4:41 AM Reply   
Like someone mentioned earlier in the post. Frontier is a great all around board. The design will advance with you and your tricks. In other words.....depending how you ride it (stance, feet position, freestyle etc. etc.) the board will do it all. It is very light weight and durable. I know some people complained and had issues with the one board. But I have not heard one complaint about the Frontier or any other Ronix boards. James...find a marina that carries all these brands or most, and demo them before you buy. See what fits YOU the best. I asked Performance ski about Faction...they said it was very nice but has limitation on growth with advancing to more technical tricks. I kinda know what they mean, but you almost have to talk to them yourself to understand. It was Tony that told me that...and he rides the Transcend. So he was not trying to sell me on brand specific.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-03-2007, 8:42 AM Reply   
What no 07 CWB Transcend? Best board of all time, go out a demo one and it will make your choice easy!
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-03-2007, 9:41 AM Reply   
If your going to get hinge bindings, id say go ahead and get the Zues, i like the taller profile as opposed to the faction
Old     (absoluteinvert)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-03-2007, 12:03 PM Reply   
The CWB Absolute is an amazing board. It holds a great edge and can still get loose on command. It's a good combo. It releases real well off the wake and the landing is very soft. I've heard a lot of people having issues with the ronix one splintering near the screw holes and the 07 CWB Zues breaking at the top clip (all other Zues model years are awesome). I have the Absolute/LTD faction combo and LOVE IT! It's such a great set-up.
Old     (fastcrazyhurt)      Join Date: May 2007       07-03-2007, 10:27 PM Reply   
i went to wileys in seattle they sell stuff on the web also but i just drove there. they are the coolest a guy named kyle helped me out. and had me try every closed toe binding i ended up loving the ronix cells and actually was very uncomfortable in every other binding. i also got the new obrien natural. i rode it today but still need to get used to it. you should definitley call or visit wileys in seatlle before you buy anything they were cheaper then any place on th web i i looked at all of them. it's just crazy and they give you good advise thanks james.