Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-30-2009, 10:58 AM Reply   
MT1 or MT2? Benefits or drawbacks to either?
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-30-2009, 3:38 PM Reply   
No info as far as above but I would say visually I think the MT2 looks better as it's swept back a bit more like the newer style towers on boats. I find the MT1 doesn't flow well on a lot of boats that they are installed on.

My .02
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-30-2009, 3:41 PM Reply   
I love my MT1 but the MT2 looks much more modern in the style of the front arms. Also it is more than a foot taller. I am 5.8' and I can walk under it no problem but once I put on tower speakers I just barely hit it and taller people it is more in the way.

Really really like the tower though. I need to collapse it completly every time out to clear the boat lift canopy. It needs a little tightening on only two bolts every couple times out, no big deal.

If you never had to collapse it you might want something else like Titan but the MT is pretty dang solid. Only time it rattles is through heavy chop with a lot of gear on the racks and tower accessories. IMO some other OEM towers rattle more.

Cant beat the 5-year warranty and plenty of positive customer experiences. I also look for quick disconnects and tower-protecting plastic sleeves for all tower accessories like racks and mirrors and speakers. Check my profile pic if youd like and good luck!
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-30-2009, 5:26 PM Reply   
Cant go wrong with either. I also think the MT2 looks a little better.
Old     (dpolen)      Join Date: Feb 2009       09-30-2009, 5:58 PM Reply   
I have the MT1, wish the MT2 was on the market when I bought mine. I like the looks of the newer one better, it flows better. I still like mine a lot though.
Old     (kmoney)      Join Date: Sep 2009       10-01-2009, 6:42 AM Reply   
I got a 1 also (2 wasnt out) and the 1 was way higher priced than now, had it three years i would always go for the taller tower. so get the 2
Old     (cwkoch)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-01-2009, 8:33 AM Reply   
Neither.... Skip the "universal" towers and find a custom tower, such as Titan.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-02-2009, 5:56 AM Reply   
Thanks everyone. The Titan looks good too, I can't tell if it's fully collapsible, which is what I need.
Old     (cwkoch)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-02-2009, 7:07 AM Reply   
Yes, it folds all the way down....1 bolt at the top intersection. Up or down in under 30 seconds.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-02-2009, 9:14 AM Reply   
Do the front legs go further down than is shown in the picture linked?http://www.titanwake.com/products/titan-wakeboard-towers/titan-series-ii-wakeboard-tower
Old     (cwkoch)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-02-2009, 9:26 AM Reply   
How low the front hoop folds down depends on how close you put the feet to the windshield. If they are right next to it, that hoop will stick up some. If they are spaced a little further away, the hoop will fold further down. The curve in that front hoop will put the tow point below the windshield if it's spaced right from the windshield. The rear hoop just folds backwards, so that will end up very low.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-02-2009, 11:27 AM Reply   
Does the entire Titan fold below the level of the windshield???
Old     (cwkoch)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-02-2009, 12:17 PM Reply   
Not completely, but close.. The legs are 2.25" diameter, so they stick up of course. But, if you're positioned on the boat well, the rest of the leg won't be above the windshield. My legs are about 5-6" in front of the windsheild, and the legs stick up maybe 4" total above the windsheild. If my front legs were further forward, it would only be the bar's thickness above the windsheild since the curve would put the rest below. As for the rear hoop, yes, it's completely below the windsheild.