Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-24-2006, 12:36 PM Reply   
Well I am no longer in Sacramento, tho my boat is til April when the house is done. I am now up here in Whidbey Island, Wa. I found Lake Samish on accident just driving aroung and it is freakin awesome, made starts jones'in so bad! I already passed by Lake Cambell, I went by Big Lake nice but it appears that it'll be crowed during the summer. I heard about another lake just north of big lake so I think I am going to try an find it.

For everybody saying how cold it is up here, Not really different that Sac. Cops are A-holes! I got folowed my first day everywhere I went, then the second day pulled me over, he was going the opposite direction as me but said my taillight cover are illegal!

I will check in as I can as I have to use the MWR computers to get online!

If anybody up here is going riding hit me 9163008176
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-24-2006, 2:32 PM Reply   
Kenny,

Glad you like Washington, I grew up on Lake Washington. I have a good friend who has access to a lot w/ dock on Lake Samish. He might be interested in hooking up this summer.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-24-2006, 2:37 PM Reply   
Kenny, cops up here don't like California plates. You should try to get those changed ASAP. You think you have it bad, try driving through Idaho with CA plates?
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-24-2006, 6:36 PM Reply   
I will be changing plates, but finding good water is more important!!!
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-24-2006, 6:42 PM Reply   
if you get the time off, investigate trips to eastern washington for long weekends

specifically

crescent bar
lake roosevelt
banks lake

dry, hot, less crowded and worth the drive

/edit
also
lincoln rock state park (columbia river)
lake chelan
lake entiat (columbia river)
pot holes

(Message edited by brucemac on February 24, 2006)
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-24-2006, 6:42 PM Reply   
I'm game to hook up this summer
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-24-2006, 6:51 PM Reply   
whats the drive time with boat in tow to eastern wa?
Old     (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       02-24-2006, 7:01 PM Reply   
Kenny, let me know when you're headed this way. I've found a couple of good places to ride here on the east side. Anybody on the west side want to give me a pull until our lakes thaw? I've got gas money.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-24-2006, 7:05 PM Reply   
2.5 hours to wenatchee/lincoln rock state park/colubmia river

3.25 hours to crescent bar

3 hours to lake chelan

lake entiat is just above lincoln rock so like 3 hours

lake roosevelt is incredible, but of course it is the farthest, like 4+ hours in tow. but worth every second.
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       02-25-2006, 7:14 AM Reply   
Head East....
Upload
Old     (hdrew)      Join Date: Sep 2004       02-25-2006, 2:34 PM Reply   
You'll love the east side!
Old     (buguru)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-25-2006, 2:38 PM Reply   
Hey there First Class Mcneil... Can I get a pull???
Old    00smizz            02-25-2006, 8:46 PM Reply   
pull this rocky
Old     (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       02-25-2006, 9:32 PM Reply   
Rocky you know I would, but since you only ride 1 week out of the year...isn't it a little early for you?
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-26-2006, 1:08 PM Reply   
The secret of the east side is that the population is low and the waterways are plentiful. If you don't like the water, drive for 10 minutes.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-28-2006, 6:34 PM Reply   
Yes I know I will be making some trips east! I just heard that I should look into a lake called tullock?
Old     (buguru)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-01-2006, 4:16 PM Reply   
Mr. First Class at least I can say I have been out on the water. SO there!!

And Mr. Smart, I f you don't have something nice to say.. SHUT It...
Old    00smizz            03-01-2006, 6:39 PM Reply   
what were you doing on the water slipping on the wet spots
Old     (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       03-01-2006, 8:27 PM Reply   
Rocky had to be in his bath tub if he was on the water this time of year.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-02-2006, 9:22 AM Reply   
banks lake is really cool, i went there like 4 years ago and would love to go back, it's a haul though from portland
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-02-2006, 10:31 AM Reply   
yeah banks rocks

there's a place there called sunbanks resort. it's tent and motorhome camping and they also have small cabins and some "villas". the sweet thing about it is they have a great bar with food and outisde seating. it's awesome! they also usually have live music on the weekends and stuff too. we went last year and are going back again this year. we'll probably make it a tradition. the small cabins are great because they have air conditioning, power and little fridges. the only bummer is the cabins don't have plumbing so you have to use the honey buckets or goto the lodge which has showers and bathrooms. all the villas do though. it's a pretty sweet place. highly recommended if you're into camping.

www.sunbanksresort.com
Old     (biker_jimm)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-02-2006, 10:48 AM Reply   
How cold was the water. I think it turned me blue last time I was there besides that id have to say your right that place is pretty damn good.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-02-2006, 11:06 AM Reply   
yeah, i didn't check the temp, but i did think it was a little chilly myself. we were there in september and you'd think it would be pretty warm by then, but i speculated that it had something to do with them shuffling water around from the columbia. i'm not sure. but i do know typically, it gets pretty warm. we're going 4th of july weekend this year because my wife is due in august. typically we like to go there labor day weekend.
Old     (biker_jimm)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-02-2006, 11:18 AM Reply   
Yeah that weekend in may is a fun time to be there that is when i was there. i think that water is glacier run off but i could be wrong
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-02-2006, 11:43 AM Reply   
yeah, I don't think it warms up until about Memorial or even June...

actually its a resevoir of the Columbia River

can't wait to go back

those new villas look sweet, but it looks like they only rent them by the week. i'm hoping they'll change that policy next year. it would be nice to have plumbing. the cabins are actually pretty sweet. they're not big by any means, but they're clean, there's a little more privacy and they're right on the water. oh man, i can't wait!!!
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       03-03-2006, 3:02 PM Reply   
On Memorial day the Columbia is 55 degrees or less. On the fourth of July it's like 65 degrees and on Labor day it's 75 degrees. The best time to go to the river is September - early November. The water is AWESOME and there's no one there. I lived on the west side of the mountains forever and will really miss Cresent Bar, Lincoln Rock and Sun cove....
Old     (buguru)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-03-2006, 3:25 PM Reply   
Mr. First Class, I know you will have a whole different toon about all this when I am out on the water before you..he he he .
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       03-03-2006, 11:16 PM Reply   
Lake Sacajewea on the Snake river is nice, Fish hook landing state campground is the place to stay. Just east of tri-citys, its quite a pull for anyone from Sea-Tac area but about 3.5 hours from Portland area. Hot, dry, and glassy even in the middle of the day.
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       03-04-2006, 7:07 AM Reply   
Ryan,
Don't be giving away the "Secret Spot"
The Snake river sucks... Rough,windy, cold,rocks everywhere, suicidal waterfowl... Don't go there.
Old    00smizz            03-05-2006, 8:43 PM Reply   
heres an idea the west side has the best spots to ride stay there no need to travel east to get on the water.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-06-2006, 11:24 AM Reply   
yeah, no disrespect to the west side. i just like the east side because it's typically less crowded and usually about 10-20* warmer in the summer. also there's some beautiful scenery and impressive glacier carved rock formations. it's just different. again, no disrespect. ;)
Old    00smizz            03-06-2006, 9:17 PM Reply   
east side is bone dry go west young man.
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       03-07-2006, 6:31 AM Reply   
Upload