Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (TWCA21Wake)      Join Date: Aug 2011       10-29-2011, 7:05 PM Reply   
Im looking to trade my old Malibu 23lsv in for a newer boat. There is both a 247 and 23lsv at my dealer i really like. There is quite a price difference though. These are both 2011 and just wandering some of the differences. I mainly wakeboard but i do surf a little. Which boat has a better wake for both surfing and boarding. Also i noticed the 247 is significantly bigger wandering if it cruises in chop better.....i know its still a wakeboard boat though. Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks!!
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-30-2011, 8:06 AM Reply   
My friend is a rep for Malibu and he has the 247. It handles and rides awesome in pretty rough conditions. I drove the boat empty with 4 passengers and just a few hundred pounds of lead. It was a little sluggish feeling out of the hole with no additional weight and a six liter indMar power plant. I do not know what prop was on the boat. Top end was good so it may have been propped for more cruising. That boat is huge on the inside and handled like a sports car unweighted. I had a 230 and it was a pain to clean and take care of compared to my 210 just because it was so much bigger. I could not emagine detailing and keeping up with something even bigger. He loves the boat and the wake is nice but takes a lot of weight and the thing loves gas. With the way it drove when empty I would not consider a 24+ ft boat with anything less than the 6liter. I don't think you can go wrong in either choice here. Main question is how bad do you need more space, is your truck big enough to pull it, will it fit where you store and stuff like that. Overall I loved the 23 he had before and the 247. I would love to be in your perdicament right now and good luck.
Old     (TWCA21Wake)      Join Date: Aug 2011       10-30-2011, 9:29 AM Reply   
Haha. This boat does have a 6.0 with 410 HP. The extra space would be very nice but don't know if it is completely necessary. Thanks for the help.
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-30-2011, 10:18 AM Reply   
I have another buddy that is a mechanic for a mastercraft dealer and he says the six liter indmars have over heating issues. Something to do with some fittings I think that supply raw water to the engine that were used . They were plastic and they can't take the heat. When they melt engine gets starved of water and it overheats. This did happen to the guys boat I drove. They had the fitings melt down and boat everheat the day they were breaking it in. IndMars fix is to replace with brass fittings. You may be able to verify this other places. I heard this directly from the boat owner and my friend that is the mechanic who fixed it. I am not sure on specifics but if you can figure it out you could have the dealer change those fittings before you took the boat home. I am also sure that after this issue was fixed he didn't have any other engine trouble the rest of the summer. His is a 2011 as well.
Old     (TWCA21Wake)      Join Date: Aug 2011       10-30-2011, 10:26 AM Reply   
Ok. Thank you. That will definitely be something to consider.
Old     (AndyManCan)      Join Date: Jul 2011       10-30-2011, 4:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWCA21Wake View Post
Im looking to trade my old Malibu 23lsv in for a newer boat. There is both a 247 and 23lsv at my dealer i really like. There is quite a price difference though. These are both 2011 and just wandering some of the differences. I mainly wakeboard but i do surf a little. Which boat has a better wake for both surfing and boarding. Also i noticed the 247 is significantly bigger wandering if it cruises in chop better.....i know its still a wakeboard boat though. Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks!!

I have a 2011 23 LSV, I think its great for boarding and surfing. For boarding, I found if I only have 2 people in the boat that the wake is not great, so I added sacs to the back lockers and its killer now. If you have 5-6 people in the boat the wake is sick.

I looked at the 247 but if you dont plan on having 10 people always its not needed. I can fit 14 people in my 23 when needed.

I recommend getting the 410 hp engine as I did. its great to get out of the hole with all the weight.