Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-27-2007, 9:49 PM Reply   
Looking for a beginner board. Is this any good. I'm guessing not just because of the price ($200) and it being the only board this store carries.
Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-28-2007, 8:20 AM Reply   
bob - tell us more about your weight, and wake.
is the board the 4'6" or 5"?

it's not a very "popular" board -- rarely spoken of on this and other sites -- so that may be partially why the lack of response... also, made by a company that makes skis, tubes, kneeboards, etc. so the serious wakesurfers probably aren't really even looking at them an option... (just guessing here)

at any rate, the 4'6" would definitely not be a beginner board, but the 5" might be worth at shot for that price... ask the shop if you can try it out -- most will let you demo for $20 for a day (often they will let you keep it for a few days) --

good luck!
Old     (sk_centurion)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-28-2007, 10:05 AM Reply   
I have one I bought it last year. I never tried surfing before I bought the board. The price was the only reason I bought it it was half the price of a Hyperlite which was my only other choice. I think it is a good board for the price some say it rides a bit slow. But in no time I could surf without the rope on a fairly small wake. I have taught a bunch of friend on this board to. I bought a Inland Surfer yellow loogey and have not ridin the obrien yet this year, but I will to see what the difference is between the two. I am 5'7 and about 160 ish pounds and started with a small wake. I am by no means advanced, I can now surf the wake untill I get tired.
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-28-2007, 6:57 PM Reply   
I'm 6'5 220Lbs. Trying to surf behind my 02 X-star. Tried it for the first time this past weekend but on a friends old wakeboard. It was the skurfer. Long narrow board with one big fin in back. Could not even come close to letting go of the rope, in fact my right arm was hurting after hanging on for so long. Not sure if the skurfer board can be surfed, but we though we'd give it a try. No luck.
Old     (sk_centurion)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-29-2007, 7:03 AM Reply   
I would get the bigger Alias board for some one your size. I forgot to tell you I have the 4'6" board.
Old     (jsj)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-29-2007, 4:59 PM Reply   
I have the 5.0 on my boat. It is my teach everybody to surf board. It is very easy to learn on no matter what the size of the person.