Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (mastercraftsurferaric_of_lake_granbury)      Join Date: May 2007       05-29-2007, 1:49 PM Reply   
i have fatsacs in the rear compartments and thats it. they are 400 pounds on each side. i only fill the left side and that doesnt seem to be enough.
Old     (kdr)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-31-2007, 6:16 AM Reply   
My normal wake setup is a 350lb vdrive sac on top of 3 50lb steel plates in each locker, the center bag as full as I can get it, two steel plates in the bow walkway, about 240 lbs of lead under the front seats, and two more steel plates and a little 80lb fatsac in the cockpit for adjustments.

When I surf, I move one of the rear locker bags over the the locker of the side I'm surfing on, and take two of the plates and move them from the rear locker and into the cockpit on the side I'm surfing on. I take all the weight in the cockpit and move it over. Then I fill up a extra locker sac I've got and fold it up on top of the steel plates in the cockpit. I usually put the little 80lb fat sac on the rear seat.

This setup works very well when you only have two people going out (my wife and I are usually the only ones in the boat when we surf). It may need to be tweaked if you have a fair amout of people. riding with you.
Old     (norcalrider39)      Join Date: May 2007       05-31-2007, 7:57 AM Reply   
450 in playpen on surf side, center full, 750 in locker on surf side, 600 in cockpit on surf side and 200 in lead on surf side.
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-26-2007, 7:41 AM Reply   
Hey guys, I have a 99' xstar (same hull as 2000). It seems that I can get a great starboard (for a goofy rider's toe edge) side surf wake by driving pretty straight.

I'm having some trouble getting my port side dialed. Do you guys put some turn into the boat for port?

Thanks