Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-05-2009, 7:17 AM Reply   
I just bought my dream boat :-) I got a 2003 SANTE red and black. Here is a little back story to it.

Over the last 2 weeks I was working a deal for a 04 SAN that was on consignment at Son Watersports in Anoka MN. I have bought 2 boats form Mark, the owner and he has always treated me great. Turnover for SANs are a little weak in this area and I have been looking for a while. Unfortunately, after all pricing had been worked out, test drive set up, Mark asked for the titles so I could get my financing done and the guy said he cant sell it because it was being wrapped up in his divorce. Sucks for me and Mark but how were we to know.

Bummed and frusterated with the situation I look on Onlyinboards andfind my dream boat. Crap, it is in Nebraska. I didnt want to buy a boat form out of state, I didnt want to drive that, what about taxes, liscencing?

Enter Robb Pease, a SR sales guy at valley marine in valley NE. I called him and said I was interested. He told me the history, the goods and the bads, he sent 25 more pics for me to look at every part of concern. He represented the boat well being with my concerns of a long trip for nothing.

Sure enough, I show up and he represented the boat to a T. We water demoed it, worked some things out, fixed some things and adjusted price on the others and worked with me phenomenally well. I was really impressed with how my wife and I were treated by him and the rest of the sales staff.

I was a little wound up about buying a boat out of state, but these guys made it a great experience and now the boat has a great story to go with it for years to come.

The best part about it was that I called Mark at Son watersports and told him what I was doing and he said he was very happy I found the boat I did at the price I got. He spent a lot of time talking to me about potential problems with the 03, things to look for, parts pricing for things needing replacement. He really went out of his way to help my buy a boat form another dealer that was really my perfect boat. That is Class. He even called me on my way home with the boat to makse sure it went fine, the trip was going good. What a class act person.

If you are in the area, support these guys! They will treat you right :-)

Sorry for the long story and I know that sounds like a commercial but great shops deserve to be represented and talked about with experiences like mine.

/rant

Oh yeah, and pics soon to come :-)

(Message edited by trdon on September 05, 2009)
Old     (ctimrun)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-05-2009, 9:54 AM Reply   
Great story Don! IMO opinion a good dealer is just as important as finding the right boat. Sounds to me like you lucked out and dealt with two good dealers! Can't wait to see more/better pictures of your new ride.