Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 10, 2003

Old     (flydoc)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-01-2003, 12:45 AM Reply   
My bros buying a 03 Mobius lsv, gonna finance it over a few years. My wife can't see buying a boat if you don't have the cash in hand and that puts me out of the running for what most of you out there have and consider to be adequate. Anyone have a little older boat that throws a good and big wave that would give me an idea of what hulls and models to look for used in my area. I'm looking for something that would run $10,000-15,000. In short what is the best for some good air for $10-12K.
Old    norcal_99            02-01-2003, 2:50 AM Reply   
There are a lot of good boats out there for that amount of cash.
Old     (lehmur)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-01-2003, 9:27 AM Reply   
You can find mid 80's Nautique 2001's usually in the range of $7000-$10000. Check out some of the threads out here and you'll see that quite a few people like them. I rode behind my first one the other day and definately liked it.

You can probably find some older Sangers in your range too.

In the upper part of your range you may find alot of early to mid 90's Mastercraft Prostar190's, I have heard good things about these wakes when weighted, but don't have first-hand experience.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-01-2003, 3:03 PM Reply   
I have a 86 nauti 2001 and I'm very happy with it.It is definately a no frills boat but that just means less to fix and repair
Old     (flydoc)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-01-2003, 10:12 PM Reply   
So is their enough storage space to hide a couple fat sacs in the older nautiques. I've seen some prostar 190's on boattrader.com Does anyone know if you could hide some sacs in them and still have room to stow a ski in case the mother-in-law- wants a ride.
Old     (scotthetland)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-01-2003, 10:56 PM Reply   
I have an '88 SN 2001 and there isn't much room at all. There is space behind the observers seat, which reaches under the closed bow. If you are going to weight it down heavily, it is a good idea to put a sack up there. I am running a sack in the back, two along the engine, and one in the bow. There is no room in my boat. That is ok for me though, since I only have about 2 in the boat at a time. The wake is really nice, especially for the price. If you are looking for comfort, look into an older Supra. I got to ride behind an '88 Supra Mariah, and it was beautiful. Open bow and huge wake, with added ballast of course.
Old    upupnaway            02-02-2003, 8:41 AM Reply   
Check Boattrader.com, they have tons of killer deals. I picked up a loaded 98 mobius for under 15k, and a buddy of mine picked up a decent 98 malibu for just over 13k.
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       02-05-2003, 8:42 PM Reply   
mnalibu ecelon you can find them pretty damn cheap our 93 was 13k
Old     (dan_lee)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-07-2003, 3:00 PM Reply   
I was going to buy this boat if I stayed in WI. Todd (the seller) is a super cool guy, and this boat is beautiful for the year it is since it has been all restored. The stereo is sick, and the trailer is a 99!
http://www.americanmarine.biz/usedboat_detail.asp?ID=910&ln=20&pg=1