Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old    tpalmeri            08-07-2003, 12:37 PM Reply   
I was watching All or Nothing, and at the beginning of Harf's section he is pulled up from being completely underwater. How do you do this?? How do you get yourself completely under with a pfd on? With that in mind how do you start while the board is directly underneath you? Thanks
Old    claids            08-07-2003, 12:43 PM Reply   
just tilt the front of the board up and hold your body stiff, just like bend your front leg, pull your knee up to your chest and extend your back leg a lil

he might have been holdin onto somethin attached to the bottom, or he might have had a really thin vest on
Old    xtremebordgurl            08-07-2003, 6:58 PM Reply   
Andrew Adkinson was trying to teach us how to do that, he said it was really easy, just suck the board up into you chest and then push it down deep into the water, he said you should get it on you first try, granted this is a pro talking and I have yet to be able to do it.... but I do know that it is possible and and that you don't need anyting underwater to hold onto good luck and if you get the hang f it keep us posted. :-)
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-07-2003, 7:18 PM Reply   
like i think if u just stand on ur board, u should be able to sink ur self like duck down
then just have the right conrdination or sumtin
Old    claids            08-07-2003, 7:18 PM Reply   
if you like jumped in with a cinderblock or held onto an anchor with rope and let go when the rope gets tight, that would be easy and you wouldnt see it on camera

but i think its all timing on the driver, if you dont have anything to hold on to, the camera has to start and the boat has to take off as soon as you go under
Old    claids            08-07-2003, 7:19 PM Reply   
the board isnt hard to sink, but some vests are
Old     (cbv)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-07-2003, 7:57 PM Reply   
I saw someone do it last year and taught my self it. Im not completely underwater but I am nearly standing in the water as if I were standing on my board on land.

When the boat starts to pull, I angle the board up and start bending my knees some and me and the board glide up to the surface.

I do mess up time to time. If I am to straight standing under water the boat will pull me forward. Im much better at it this year and it doesnt seem to be as much of a strain on my lower back.

I thought it was cool looking when I saw another rider do it and of course I wanna be cool too!
Old    erlingl            08-07-2003, 8:10 PM Reply   
i am going out tomarrow i have to try this
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-07-2003, 8:36 PM Reply   
I'm surprised more people havent done this... just have your board under you (standing on it) and go for it :-)