Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old    dliguori            05-23-2004, 11:45 PM Reply   
So I have my pumps and all the pieces needed to install a system into the gull wings and front bow walk way but I don't know how I should run the hoses from the engine into the gull wings. I was hoping someone might have done this or ordered a 22i with a ballast system installed, how do you run the hoses? Also, I am NOT planning on using relays so I'm wondering if 10 guage is big enough for powering up simer 600 pumps. Thanks for any help you can give me!
Old     (sjgraves)      Join Date: May 2002       05-25-2004, 6:49 AM Reply   
Daniel, On my 22i, I ran a hose under the seat in back. In the port side gull wing back storage area, there is a removeable plate. Take it out and you will be able to get to the hose and T it to both sides. At the very top inside corner is a gap that is big enough to run a hose through into the storage compartments. I hope this helps with the back. On the front I came up through the floor in the area under the seat right beside the driver (actually where I mounted my pumps). Then ran the hose along the starboard side up to the bow. Split it to both sacks. It worked pretty well for me. All of my balast is hidden. The pumps sing a little loud, but hey that is why I have a big amp.Send me a note if you need additional help.
As far as the wiring being heavy enough, I don't know. I put in relays.

Scott
Old    dliguori            05-25-2004, 10:09 AM Reply   
Scott
I can't thank you enough for the help! I'm going to run the hoses today and I will attempt to take pictures of these tight spots for others needing help. Thanks again Scott...you're the man!