Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old     (phil_deez)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-07-2005, 10:36 AM Reply   
I have a question and need some help from all of you. I used to ride an '03 Parks and really like the board. I liked the pop, speed, and the edge hold it had, but at times thought it was too grippy. Last year I bought the '05 Substance and Transits. I love the Transits! I like the Substance but something was missing. It had great pop but it was lacking either the edge hold and/or speed when coming into the wake. I did like the loose feel it had when not on edge. I'm looking to get either the new Shawn or Shane board for '06. I haven't had a chance to demo either but wanted your input. Which board would you say rides similar to the Parks board? How much different is Shawn's board compared to the Substance? What do you like about the Shane or Shawn board? Thanks for the help.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-07-2005, 12:14 PM Reply   
Well the Watson will ride faster then the Substance, land softer, and some feel pop harder. The Shane I have no idea. I would say the Shane would be more LIKE the Parks because the Watson is still a mellow feeling board.
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-07-2005, 12:59 PM Reply   
The Shane is a crossbreed between the fish and the subjekt. You will probably like that the most compared to your parks. I personally like slower boards.
Old     (phil_deez)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-08-2005, 6:36 AM Reply   
Would you say that both The Shane and Shawn have about the same amount of pop? I've heard some say that Shawn's has more and Shane's has more.
Old     (phil_deez)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-08-2005, 6:43 AM Reply   
Also what are some of the noticeable changes between the Substance and Shawn's new board and also the changes between the Subjekt and Shane's new board. Physically I can see the difference but how about the performance?