Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-21-2009, 10:39 PM Reply   
Anyone ever buy anything from these guys? I was looking at their wakesurf rack for the malibu illusion tower..

Thanks

http://www.bulletlines.com
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-21-2009, 11:21 PM Reply   
popcorn in hand, waiting for Robert to jump in...

I buy ropes from Ken, he is on this webboard from time to time.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       09-22-2009, 5:22 AM Reply   
Great products, great prices, great dude! I have four of his racks, two of them three seasons old, two of them one season old. No pitting or rusting or anything!!! You cant beat his prices....

Robert...?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-22-2009, 5:52 AM Reply   
Ohhhh baby ! Its been a while since one of these!
Old     (boardnxtx)      Join Date: Jun 2009       09-22-2009, 9:29 AM Reply   
There is always tons of bashing of Ken and his products, primarily from folks that have never done business with him. I am another happy customer though, so no complaints on my end. I ordered some of his underwater LED's a while back for my old boat. There was an issue with one upon receipt, so I called and let him know. He had a new one in the mail before he received the one with the issue. Never had any other issues with the lights. He may mimic a lot of products on the market, but what's wrong with a little competition? I don't hate on him for doing what he does. He's gotta make money. And as long as he stands behind what he sells and takes care of any issues that arise, I don't see what the big deal is with someone making a product, regardless of how close it looks to another. If you don't like it, don't order from the guy. I'm sure there are some peeps who have had issues with him, just like any retailer. The way he handles such issues should be a determinate of him and his business, not personal opinions based on hear say. As a local TX shop, he gets my business...
Old     (midwest_riders)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-22-2009, 10:12 AM Reply   
I have ordered from Ken as well. He was great to deal with and stood behind any deals he set up. In fact, he matched and beat prices of other similar products if the others were selling for less than his. Like CMurda said, if anyone has a problem with him, look to buy somewhere else. However, I have had great luck with his products and like the fact that they are cost effective.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-22-2009, 11:54 AM Reply   
I've had several of Ken's ropes, sacs, and other stuff from him over the years. Always shipped fast at a great price. Not sure why the Keyboard Cowboys feel so compelled to waste their time bashing him, but to each their own. Personally, I'm a satisfied customer and he will likely get my business in the future.
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-22-2009, 1:56 PM Reply   
Here I am..... Did somebody call my name?

Come on guys, I don't need to respond to this post as everyone already knows how I feel.

To each there own!

However..... Just Kidding I won't go there!
Old    murphy8166            09-22-2009, 2:02 PM Reply   
Nacho....you've had Kens sac ???
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-22-2009, 2:12 PM Reply   
Nice one Murphy! lol
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-22-2009, 2:17 PM Reply   
I bought two racks from them.

It took them over a week to find out what they had and what they didn't. They didn't have several of the racks that were on their site.

Then they shipped out the wrong thing, Ken was an ass about having me ship the backing plate back before he would send out a new one. I even told him he could charge my card in case I didn't send it back. Just a weird guy to deal with.

When finally I got the racks, one of them didn't have threads in the mounting clamp. So finally about 4 weeks later after ordering I was able to put them on my boat. Now they are crooked even though they are "mount on any angle 360 degree racks". I tried putting them on two diff sections of the tower and they still are crooked.

After about a week the rubber inserts started coming off. I may just end up trashing them next year. They were fairly cheap in comparison and I got what I paid for.

Ian @onlyinboards sells Ken's stuff and I feel sorry for him for that reason. Ian was a good guy to work with.
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-22-2009, 2:27 PM Reply   
Sorry to hear that Todd, thats why I choose to support different companies that do things differently.

Text description

For anybody that doesn't know you can buy from Ken but you get what you pay for and I choose to support the companies that support us. The easiest way to find out what companies support us is to look at the banner above all great companies. I have heard many great things about Ken but I've also heard just as many bad things. I wonder if you made a post about any company that advertises on here if you would see any bashing or complaints? Might be an interesting post just to see the difference?
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-22-2009, 3:46 PM Reply   
I have ordered lines, vests and handles from ken as well over the years. All I can say is that I have been very happy with his products service and shipping. All are great.

No Problems here!!1
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-22-2009, 3:48 PM Reply   
One more thing I have been using a line, Handle and Vest from him for 3 years now and they all work just as good now as they did back when I bought them. So I got what I paid for and it still works great!!
Old     (fuller313)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-22-2009, 6:06 PM Reply   
No complaints here. Happy customer.
Old     (reachjims)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-23-2009, 4:10 AM Reply   
i have a sac and rope from them, had a small problem with the rope and ken took care of it for me no problems. good products good prices.

jimmy
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-23-2009, 4:29 AM Reply   
robert, so your mad about stuff being made in china and sold here? why are you not mad at tim from wetsounds?
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-23-2009, 6:42 AM Reply   
I have a surf rack and wakeboard rack that I used this summer. I have had zero problems. They definitely are not the greatest thing on the market, but I and think they are a good value for the money. I would buy from them again.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-23-2009, 6:55 AM Reply   
LOL. Seriously??? Third grade called, it wants its dumbasses back. Grow up, guys..
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-23-2009, 8:51 AM Reply   
It has been well discussed before why I am so angry with Ken. Its more then just stuff being made in china. Its the copying of other companies products and sending them to china to be copied. People like Ken do nothing to advance our sport or the wakeboarding industry. If you continue to support companies that don't support our sport we well lose all the innovation that companies are currently developing. Sure I wish Tim at wetsounds was making all his stuff here in the states, but Tim didn't steal his product from another company and then send it off to China to be copied. Tim came to market with a unique product that we wanted and the market reponded.
Old     (cla10beck)      Join Date: Dec 2007       09-23-2009, 9:32 AM Reply   
I remember reading this thread a while back, and made me question whether or not I would do business with him

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/679173.html?1237738811
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       09-23-2009, 2:35 PM Reply   
882001 - Sidenote, Wetsounds is not made in China what from I know. It is produced predominantly in Brazil.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-23-2009, 2:39 PM Reply   
I'd bet most of the WS stuff is made in China.
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-23-2009, 2:59 PM Reply   
Resist the urge Robert, don't dig this back up.

If you missed it before, read it here no need to get the debate started again.
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/727820.html
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-23-2009, 3:16 PM Reply   
I would bet all of is made in china. Not knocking wetsounds but didn't they copy nvs or who ever started compression horns on boat towers. But didn't they copy pro audio??? So who is copying who? Your way of thinking is different than mine. I'm a hardheaded sob. too so i'm out
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-23-2009, 4:29 PM Reply   
Holy geez, this is how they all start. Someone delete this thread now!
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-23-2009, 5:48 PM Reply   
Hey guys who invented the pickle fork Bow? ;) Just joking if you want to know how ken is call ken and talk to him. I have not dealt with him but try not to jump to conclusions or judgement until you have dealt with a man yourself. There are two side to every story. Good Luck
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-23-2009, 6:18 PM Reply   
There is so much I could say, but its all been said before!

I think I'm going to run back down to mexico and hide out for awhile why everyone else figures it out this time! lol
Old     (chessloveboobs)      Join Date: May 2009       09-23-2009, 6:26 PM Reply   
Its a wakeboard rack. Not some amazing technology. Copy the design? Would you rather someone corner the market and charge $700 for wakeboard racks? If you dont want to have something made in china then throw your computer away. Its unavoidable.
Old     (czap)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-24-2009, 10:15 AM Reply   
We do a ton of business with them here at WakeProMarine.. Great products, Great service.

And yea like it or not most of everything is made in china now.. Its just how it is. They have the man power and technology to mass produce anything in a very inexpensive manner. Prices that a small business, i.e. Bullet lines, cant compete with nor turn away. Especially in an economy like this. You gotta put yourself in the small business owners shoes before you knock them.

Robert, 2 questions. How do you know that Bullet lines took somebody`s product and copied it rather than is simply buying the same product from the same plant in china that the other company is???? If so, is your source credible?
Old     (jroyal)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-24-2009, 11:49 AM Reply   
Whatever happened with the $275 group buy bimini that Ken was talking about?

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/679658.html
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-24-2009, 12:03 PM Reply   
I'm trying to pick one up from him right now but he is checking to see if it will fit my current tower. Was going to try and set up a group buy but they aren't allowed on here anymore.
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-24-2009, 2:01 PM Reply   
"Robert, 2 questions. How do you know that Bullet lines took somebody`s product and copied it rather than is simply buying the same product from the same plant in china that the other company is???? If so, is your source credible?"

To answer your questions you need to read the earlier threads and you'll get all the info you need to formulate your own opinion. Whatever that may be!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-24-2009, 2:33 PM Reply   
Robert, you act like you made some amazing discovery and it's life's mission to expose the truth. The internet needs another detective.

Thank you
Old     (burbanized)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-24-2009, 2:37 PM Reply   
Bullet Lines Great products and great fast service no Complaints here. just another happy customer.
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       09-25-2009, 6:52 AM Reply   
Scooter hit it on the head. If your competition is selling more inexpensive products made in China and you as a small business owner has seen your market share go down drastically, there really is not an alternative. You have to be able to stay competitive, especially in the market place today.
Chinese products are here to stay, but as the economy of China grows, so will their cost of goods.
Remember when Japanese products were seen in the same scope?
Old     (craig_f)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-25-2009, 7:33 PM Reply   
Yep, and now most Japanese Products are made in China, or Vietnam or the Philippines.
Old     (rob_pitchford)      Join Date: Nov 2004       10-01-2009, 11:01 AM Reply   
Gents

I was just checking out the bulletlines site and was curious about their Krypt speakers. They look very similar to the Bullet Holowpoints. Are they a copy of the Bullet Hollow points?
Old     (nbigger)      Join Date: May 2008       10-01-2009, 11:23 AM Reply   
Has any one used the krypt HLCD? Wondering how they sound.
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-01-2009, 11:53 AM Reply   
Rob, Nick.....Read the link I posted above you'll get all views of the product....good, bad, different
Old     (dxii)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-01-2009, 11:56 AM Reply   
Just got my Krypt HLCDs in the mail this week, but they're not going to make it onto the boat until next spring. They look good, though.
Old     (nbigger)      Join Date: May 2008       10-01-2009, 2:26 PM Reply   
I was only wondering if any one has received there speakers and if they were happy with them and how they sounded. I was going to buy speakers this year but purchased Perfect pass instead. My wife cut me off and told me no more money goes into, on, or near the boat this year.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-01-2009, 9:34 PM Reply   
So here goes on my opinion for those that care.

I have purchased several products from Ken( most pre Ken bashing and a couple post). I did choose to take him up on the group buy for the 6.5 HLCD's because there is no way I will ever be able to justify the $$ for a pair of Wetsounds or NVS's for my use of maybe 6-12 times a season. I ride mainly with 0 tunes as I have young ones and don't want then blasted out of the boat every time out. I have my tower speakers wired separate from the interiors and also run a PAC-1 to the interiors so I can just run the towers solo or keep the interiors at a comfortable level, but even with that at 6-9am I don't really want to be "that guy"

His swing mounts/adapters are great. I highly recommend them to anyone interested in a swing arm mount wakeboard rack. Barely rattles at all. It's sturdy and solid. The gas shock on it makes it open and close very smoothly. That product if you ask me was better then some of the original swing "factory" racks. It's a great simple design that is truly functional.

His ropes are top notch. His handles could use an update, but they are solid well tetsed design as well.

I tried out one of those (2) wakeboard (1) surf racks that started a nice heated debate in the last post over a copy claim as well. The thing was pretty much useless if you ask me. As much R & D that the "original designer" claimed to put in I wold have expected a much better product. The boards rattled like crazy against each other and forget hitting any d-ups with it. Your bottom board will pretty much fly out of the rack even with the bungee attached tightly. The rack tore my binding plates up due to the looseness of the board banging up and down on the forks. The wakeboards don't stay secure at all with the surfboard in between. Really really bad design. Great concept. If I would advise on how to make it better........Just find a way to give each board its own bungee and problem solved. Can I get a patent? :-)

As to the standard board racks......Great simple, solid design used by pretty much every mfg out there. However I will add that the hardware used in the hex bolts seems to be a little bit more heavy-duty in size compared to other racks out there. Again like pretty much every other MFG billet and rubber=solid and sturdy.

As to the HLCD's I was kind of disappointed with the finished quality. The crossover box/board has no cover at all. The board is bare with the resistors and all the circuitry showing. In a rough ride, waterborne, heat related environment I would have liked to seen a sealed or covered/protected crossover box rather than an open circuit board. The grilles look sharp design wise, but the quality of the plastic and durability seems to be on the low end as well. They come with zero hardware(mounting screws) and no wiring diagram. You also have to solder all the speaker lines to the speaker yourself. I used epoxy to keep my crossover attached to my can to prevent it from bouncing around. The sound quality is great. I am not a huge stereo guru, nor do I pack a killer stereo that will blow anyone off the water, but do appreciate nice, clear, crisp sounds. MY boat runs Polk interiors, Polk sub, and Kicker amps with the old towers being MB Quarts just for a little background on my stereo setup. So as you can see not high end, but not garbage either. These def deliver a nice clear sound out to 80ft and beyond. 10 fold my MB Quarts. I can't really compare them to my friend's stereos as they all have NVS and Wetsounds in the larger diameters with Zapco amps, but for me coming off MB Quarts these are a great great upgrade for a great price. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see what they had to offer. Would I order a set again........Probably not. However I am not disappointed in the way what I got performs. In this case you def get a no frills, bare bones version. They are a great upgrade form the MB Quarts I was running. They will also be a great speaker for me right now for some time as they didn't break the bank and sound great. The just are def made at a pricepoint and it is noticeable.

(Message edited by xstarrider on October 01, 2009)
Old     (rob_pitchford)      Join Date: Nov 2004       10-01-2009, 10:51 PM Reply   
Thanks Jonny...I remember that thread now. I think I will go with the Hollow Point 770's
Old     (nbigger)      Join Date: May 2008       10-02-2009, 5:50 AM Reply   
Thanks Swatguy thats what I was looking for the quality of the speaker and the quality of the sound.
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-02-2009, 7:34 AM Reply   
Good review Swatguy.

Mine arrived this week but I havn't looked at them yet. Soldering the leads on is not an issue at all, as I rather solder than use push in connectors or banana posts. coming from a background in electronics I try to solder as much as I can for a 100% connection.

I am now getting excited and want to go try them out.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-02-2009, 8:20 AM Reply   
Matt which ones did you go with and will you post back after you have heard them on the water. I was thinking of putting the 6.5 in my stock Roswell setup.
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-02-2009, 9:04 AM Reply   
I got the 7.7. I wont be boarding anymore as the water is already cold and the boat goes into storage this weekend, but I am going to install them and listen to them for sure. Will post back.
Old     (nar722)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-02-2009, 2:33 PM Reply   
I received mine last week also. Like Swatguy said....no instructions, no screws to attach the speakers to the cans (use #6 stainless 1/2 or 3/4 in). I called Ken and he said that the early shipments went out that way and he would fix that. Because they came as a kit, I expected to do the assembly and soldering. I just velcro'd the crossover to the can. I actually didn't think the quality bad at all. Not disappointed with the grill, the cans are nice as well as the clamps that are provided. As for the sound, just like swatguy, I also came from mb's on the tower. IMHO, these speakers sound great. Rob, I'm sure the Hollow Point 770's are a no lose proposition but with the group buy price that J_Brenner put together, you would still have a couple of hundred bucks left in your pocket. Nothing other than another HLCD will touch these things and I am not the least disappointed with my purchase. I would buy these again if I felt that I needed 4 on the tower. Count me as 1 happy customer for these speakers.
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-03-2009, 6:07 PM Reply   
What size are the 8" HLCD supposed to be? I measured mine and the speaker itself is around 7 5/16 from outside to outside. Is that correct or is that the 6.5" version?
Old     (nar722)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-04-2009, 10:15 PM Reply   
The 8 inch are the can size. The speakers are 7.7