Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Wiatowski)      Join Date: Aug 2011       02-22-2012, 4:42 PM Reply   
Got a new to me 1986 Supra Sunsport yesterday, seems to be in top notch condition. The price was right as well, under 5000.

Any one have this boat or something similar have suggestions for Cavitation plate setting or weight set up. It would be helpful.

Thanks
Attached Images

Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-22-2012, 5:07 PM Reply   
You may want to join the Supra forum there are a lot of early Sunsports there.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-22-2012, 9:47 PM Reply   
Yeah hit http://supraboats.com/bbs/
Lots of early Supras there.
Nice boat. Your boat is really the daddy of the supra launch and the 21v of today....
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-22-2012, 10:57 PM Reply   
there was a supra that looked similar to yours a couple years back, I believe it was a vdrive though. He had big plans with tower, ballast, stereo system... then the thread just dropped off. Was wondering what ever happened to that boat...
Old     (Wiatowski)      Join Date: Aug 2011       02-23-2012, 5:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_defacto View Post
there was a supra that looked similar to yours a couple years back, I believe it was a vdrive though. He had big plans with tower, ballast, stereo system... then the thread just dropped off. Was wondering what ever happened to that boat...
Ya I think I remember that post... I just plan on putting a tower on and maybe getting some sacs. I might not get the sacs this year depends on $.
The boat is in great shape never left in the water and stored covered indoors when not in use regardless of the season. I couldn't turn it down the interior looks like it did the day it came from the factory.

I can't wait to see the wake it throws. I know it's same hull as the new ones... maybe thinking of weighting the back, so it sits more like a vdrive. Maybe 500 in the back, 200 in the front.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-23-2012, 6:54 AM Reply   
Jamie
It is not the same hull as the new ones, but I think has the same general inspiration. The new ones are 21' and I want to say these are 19'ish? Regardless very similar and have heard great things from people.
Old     (Wiatowski)      Join Date: Aug 2011       02-23-2012, 8:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler97217 View Post
Jamie
It is not the same hull as the new ones, but I think has the same general inspiration. The new ones are 21' and I want to say these are 19'ish? Regardless very similar and have heard great things from people.
My title says 21'... are they including the swim platform maybe?

At any rate I was also thinking of taking off the pinstriping and updating the graphics any thoughts?
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-23-2012, 9:39 AM Reply   
I might be wrong.... I don't know them very well. Get on with all the guys on the Supra forum and you will get much better response.