Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (firemedic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-04-2007, 9:57 PM Reply   
Where do you think that the wakeboarding scene is strongest? Seattle or PDX? Why?

This may be a dumb thread but I was just talking about it w/ a friend yesterday. I live in Tacoma (south of Seattle for those of you who don't know the area) I can barely get 2nd or 3rd to get out on weekday mornings. That's pretty weak in my book. Maybe it's my job that allows me to be off when everyone else is doing the M-F grind??? I just wonder if it's the same down in Portland...
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-05-2007, 6:19 AM Reply   
Both are pretty strong. Portland has a core group of riders that are present year round as well as Seattle. For some reason, south of Auburn down to Portland seems to be lacking, but it may just be on this site. I've seen quite a few more south riders on Wakeboarder than on here.

Your always welcome to come ride with us.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-05-2007, 7:00 AM Reply   
we have a lot of folks down here in pdx that ride.... seems seattle does too.... we need to merge them sometime for a gathering in the middle....
erick you can find more pdx folks and there are some that go to Lake Merwin and Yale(north of vancouver) on pdxwake.com
I am sure seattle has something similar
Old     (shredsickgnar)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-05-2007, 11:34 AM Reply   
I live in Puyallup. If you ever need a third, PM me I have a really flexible schedular so I can ride pretty much any time. Where do you ride at? American?

I think there are actually a lot of people that ride in the around here but its just really spread out. Like in seattle everyone rides on Sammamish or Washington. Down by Tacoma there are just a buch of random little lakes that people ride on.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       06-05-2007, 3:26 PM Reply   
I'm curious, why do you abbreviate portland with "PDX"? I've seen it before but I've never really asked about it...but it's eating me up inside!
Old     (firemedic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-05-2007, 3:36 PM Reply   
PDX is the airport designation. Alot of people abbreviate it like that. Hope it helps.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       06-05-2007, 5:16 PM Reply   
got it! I was just wondering why...and your explanation works. Thanks!

hijack over..
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-05-2007, 5:27 PM Reply   
Neither, I think the northern Cali has a better scene than both.
Old     (firemedic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-05-2007, 8:04 PM Reply   
That wasn't a choice. I don't live in either place but you may be right.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-05-2007, 8:12 PM Reply   
JPK, interesting view. Being from Bend OR. and involved in both the Northwest & NorCal scenes, here are my thoughts. NorCal, and I'm including the Delta, has great riding spots and a lot of very cool people, the Northwest also has some very nice places to ride, maybe not as well pubished (could be a good thing). We have many good friends in both venues and spent the summer free riding & competing in both. This I will say, the upper level riders are stronger in the Pacific Northwest then in Cali. No offence to all my boys in NorCal, it's just how it is. I would have to give the edge to the party scene to NorCal, they know what's up.