Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-06-2010, 4:18 PM Reply   
This Saturday night, live on PPV from Vancouver, BC, Canada. Two fights free and live on Spike to lead into the ppv.

PPV Card:
Chuck Liddell vs. Rich Franklin
Mirko CroCop vs. Pat Barry
Paulo Thiago vs. Martin Kampmann
Ben Rothwell vs. Gilbert Yvel
Carlos Condit vs. Rory MacDonald

Free Spike Prelims:
Tyson Griffin vs. Evan Dunham
Mac Danzig vs. Matt Wiman

Undercard:
David Loiseau vs. Mario Miranda
James Wilks vs. Peter Sobotta
Ricardo Funch vs. Claude Patrick
Mike Pyle vs. Jesse Lennox

Once again IMO, we have not the most scintillating card in UFC history, but still some decent matchups. Here we go:

Liddell VS. Franklin - was supposed to be Liddell vs. Tito, but to me this is a much better offering....something at least that we haven't seen before. I wish this fight was taking place about 3 years ago, but will take what I can get. Liddell is never in a boring fight and he and Franklin will likely stand and bang. Whoever can land the first shot will get the W. And I have a feeling that is gonna be Chuck.

CroCop vs. Barry - Very interesting. Two strikers who LOVE to unleash kicks from hell. Something tells me that one of these strikers is gonna turn the tables and take the other down. If it stays on the feet, should be quite interesting. Let's hope it does. CroCop says he is excited for a standup war!

Thiago vs. Kampmann - one of my favorite matchups on this card. Two guys who are rather even on the WW ladder. Both quite accomplished at striking, both good on the ground, although I'd give Thiago the edge groundwise. I had been quite a fan of Kampmann when he was blowing through MW competition, but after dropping to WW, he just hasn't performed. Would love to see him get back to his older self. Thiago is one of those really quiet, technical guys that just performs and executes well. Should be a good fight. Hopefully with an end, haha.

Rothwell vs, Yvel - Well, this one won't be a sleeper, nor will it be a decision. I'd almost guarantee. Both big guys who like to throw leather. There should be a KO/TKO ending to this one, and I am leaning towards Yvel for the sake of aggression. Could go either way though. Rothwell has good power, just not as much athleticism IMO.

Condit vs. MacDonald - This is my co-favorite matchup on this card Condit, solid, tough as nails, but been away for a while with some small nagging injuries. MacDonald, up and coming, undefeated awesome prospect (much like Hathaway a couple weeks ago). This will be a great fight. Both very very well rounded. Can't wait!

Spike Prelims:

Griffin vs. Dunham - This is my other co-favorite matchup. Remember a few months back I called Dunham upsetting Escudero (pats self on back). I love watching guys like Dunham fight. Amazing heart, solid technique, and all around skills, all without really looking like a fighter haha.. i don't know if he has the game to take Tyson out, but he will sure as hell make a fight out of it. Tyson as we all know is easily a top 10 LW in the UFC, and possibly one or two good wins from a shot at the belt. This is the perfect free prelim IMO. Again, can't wait!

Danzig vs. Wiman - This may be a loser leaves town match. Both have had some success, but both have lost more recently than win. Should be a good scrap, both are evenly matched, well rounded and have heart. Neither will want to leave the UFC. I predict a Danzig victory somehow.

Enjoy.