Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-15-2009, 5:32 PM Reply   
I'm doing some research for the shop I work at. I'm a big believer in board bags since I like too keep my gear together and safe. In the past we have only carried Inland Surfer's bags, but $90 is pretty steep for a bag. I would like to know what you guys would like to see in shops as far as surf bags and socks go.

What would you guys pay for a bag?
What is your opinion on bags?

Dakine has good bags for $60 bucks or so but the smallest bag besides a skim bag is 5'9"

I've never heard of them before but these prolite bags look really good and for $48 not a bad price. and they are available in a 5'6"
http://www.hansensurf.com/Pro-Lite-Sessions-Shortboard-Day-Bag.html
Old    surfdad            12-15-2009, 6:19 PM Reply   
We've traveled extensively with our boards. James' board in particular is glassed light and doesn't travel well. For airline travel we use a hard case - designed for a half board. I swear by hard cases for travel.

For day trips on the boat, I prefer a sock...easy to slip on and off. I HATE zippers! I find they scar finishes and they typically don't allow enough slack in the sides to allow the fins to remain attach to the board. Who's going to take the fins out between rides? :-) That said...enough "slack" on the open end to allow fins to slide in still attached to the board. Draw string or elastic on the open end. Quilted fabric for extra padding and a light color to NOT absorb heat.

I don't like the carrying straps and handles. Like I said, I use a hard case for travel, for in the boat I just want surface/ding protection. The furthest distance I'm carrying is the rear locker to the back of the shop - 3 feet :-) An eyelet on the top of the bag so that I can hang it to dry - the sock will get wet and I leave my boards and the sock out to try.

$50 is too pricey, I want one for each board - especially my exceptional artwork masterpieces! :-) I won't spend $300 for 6 of 'em. $20? I'd buy those.