Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (chrism4668)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-01-2009, 3:42 AM Reply   
A month or so ago we heard that Rathy left hyperlite and went to Byerly... But at the latest Aus Pro tour stop he is riding the byerly assault but with Murray bindings which makes it look like more for publicity having rathy riding for byerly than an actual change of brand. If they were different brands they would not allow that. It would be like watson riding with ronix bindings.
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-01-2009, 6:42 AM Reply   
Not really. Byerly is a sister company of Hype if I am not mistaken....
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-01-2009, 6:49 AM Reply   
Rathy signed with Byerly boards which as was stated above is a sister company to Hyperlite. It's like Dodge and Chrysler. (Brand preference aside). Both get their checks cut from the same person, just another brand name. As far as the Murray boots go, i know he was wearing they Byerly Pro model boots, and they look relatively similar, but he could have busted his out or something, and Murray boots technically still are under the same company Umbrella for him.
Old     (chrism4668)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-01-2009, 1:08 PM Reply   
Yeah i understand that hype and byerly are sister brands but if Rathy made this big move away from hype as we are lead to believe then mhy is he going back? They are deffinately Murrays.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-01-2009, 1:13 PM Reply   
It could just be a case of needing a binding for the weekend. For X reason, perhaps his bindings broke or something. Same mother company, can't show greed in a time of need. Gotta have boots for the weekend, gotta do what you gotta do. Same parent, so at least any promotion from his riding that weekend is directed at both Byerly and Hyperlite. I'm sure they'd rather have him ride and compete than him sit out for the contest.
Old     (toby_yeo)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-01-2009, 4:59 PM Reply   
yeah i would say he is still part of hyperlite even though hes under byerly...he probably just prefers the murray boots to the byerly ones. It doesnt really matter much,infact its not really atall like watson riding ronix boots atall.
Old     (chrism4668)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-01-2009, 5:10 PM Reply   
Toby I know i may have gone abit far as they are sister companies but if they are trying to tell us that they are seperate companies then there athletes wouldnt be switching and changing between companies so obviously it is still very early with the seperation and they are still allowing athletes to switch. If rathy "Went" to byerly to help boost the byerly brand sales it wouldnt help if you use hype bindings but as you say they are still sister companies so all sales end up at the same place.