Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old     (jhoward)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-27-2005, 7:30 AM Reply   
Hey my oil gauge quit working. Has this happen to any one? I was curious if it is a sensor or if something is going wrong. The oil level was good. Any thoughts.
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-27-2005, 7:59 AM Reply   
Check the wiring. Breakers.
Old     (raider40)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-27-2005, 9:17 AM Reply   
J - the oil pressure gauge on my 02 XStar occasionally quits working. There is no real rhyme or reason, it just starts reading "0" on the gauge.

Once I cycle through the ignition in starting the boat a few times it normally goes back to working.
Old    maverick            07-28-2005, 11:16 AM Reply   
I also have a 2002 x-star that has had that problem.On mine it was the oilpressure sending unit causing the problem the first time (2 years ago) and again just recently.Both times a new sending unit solved the problem.
Old     (jmusser)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-10-2005, 8:15 PM Reply   
Carl
I also need to replace my oil pressure sending unit on my 2001 LTR. Looks like a pretty tight fit for a wrench. If I remove the shroud for the electronics can I get a wrench into position? Any other tips would be appreciated.
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-10-2005, 8:38 PM Reply   
I don't know the specific dates, but when talking to my local dealer, they told me Mastercraft had a major recall on the dash/gauge assemblies for this exact reason. The Warranty on my 2001 209 expired so I never had them fixed, but it is a known problem with most Mastercrafts of this era.
Old    milo_lite            08-10-2005, 10:21 PM Reply   
yeah i have a 03 maristar 230/x30, my oil pressure is also not working anymore, it first started failing and setting off the alarm, and it would go off after a couple of minutes, been at the shopw around three times, they seem to fix it, and it still doesnt work, but th same, will go to zero then go up again, the last time it jsut went to zero and never went up again, i guess thats better, since no alarm goes off.. and yes i check the oil and it is good..
Old     (jhoward)      Join Date: Nov 2004       08-15-2005, 11:25 AM Reply   
Cool thanks. I'm going to check on my warranty and see if it can be fixed. I'll even call my dealership and see if is has already been fixed. Thanks for the inputs.