Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    jetgofish            10-26-2003, 10:14 PM Reply   
I'd like to give a shout to Trace, Rob,Mark, Michelle, Jimmy, Dave and Nathan for such a great Sunday session on the Delta. The weather continues to hold up, though the water temp is begining to drop! Thank you all for such a wonderful day...I showed you the Backroll to face plant, now I just need to refine it a little so I actually land it. Maybe next time I'll actually put the chicken wings away and try that three!!!

Kristie and crew it was good meeting you out at the Point, to many winter wakin trips...and a mia tie!!!

Joe it was good to see you back down on the Delta cuttin up the butta, I'm glad I shared my first set with you!

thanks again!
Again thanks crew for every thing...
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-27-2003, 9:10 AM Reply   
I went out Sunday and it was beautiful... Told you Teri, you dont need a shorty yet... NIce water nice day...
Every go to ski beach?
It was funny to see a yacht pulling a tubber... talk about sending rollers...
Old    jetgofish            10-27-2003, 9:15 AM Reply   
Hey Alee, I made the rest of the boat trunk it! I have to admit that 11am first run was rather chilly and that made the muscles tight for a first run, but hell it was just the first run and well worth it. They day turned into a warm and beautiful day...Victorias was rather busy for a late October day! We hit Union Point around 1 and met up with some awesome people then headed back out for a second set!

We cruised by ski beach around 6 or so as the sun set over Diablo, no wakeboard boats in site on Scarrabs...

I thought I saw you in Victoria's but it turned out to not be you! Where'd you ride?

(Message edited by jetgofish on October 27, 2003)
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-27-2003, 9:26 AM Reply   
OLD river... for 2 set then went to ski beach, but went of a friends yacht to watch the end of the stinkin 9ers!
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       10-27-2003, 10:09 AM Reply   
We were out at Victorias on sunday as well in a blue/white tige. The water was awesome early in the morning. We hit our first set about 9:00 and with only 3 of us in the boat we each had 3 sets by lunch time. Thats when it started getting busy and we left vickys. I was so stoked I pulled a huge HS FS 3 and almost had a FS front roll. Awesome day!
Old    jetgofish            10-27-2003, 10:14 AM Reply   
Detonate69, congrats on the HS FS 3. I was given the challenge or I made the challenge to a fellow rider, "hey you try a 3 I'll try a 3". I was put to the test later in they day..though I chickened out on the 3 and tried my BR attempt. I'm told I could stick it by pulling the rope in 5'! I think this weekend I'll do just that, pull in the rope and throw until I land it!!!

I do remember seeing a blue and white tige, I was in a dark green and white X!!
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-27-2003, 12:34 PM Reply   
Teri - It was nice meeting you as well.

It looks like winter might hold off for a while though. Yesterday sure looked like a summer day to me....there were an awful lot of boats out on the water :-)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-27-2003, 12:38 PM Reply   
I wish that was true....but this weekend the temps are expected to dip into the 50s and 60s, even inland! Last weekend was awesome though. We were at Pedro and rode glass all day in 90 deg temps. Ahh...felt like August again!
Old    jetgofish            10-27-2003, 12:42 PM Reply   
Christie, I know exactly what you mean, for a late October there were to many boats on the water.. WAY TO MANY. J-Rod I hope that forcast doesn't hold true, but should it I'll still be out!!

Christie hope to see more of you and crew during the winter months, I'd love to catch a pull behind your beautiful boat some time!

Woundknee if you are out there how's the knee holding up today??
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-27-2003, 12:50 PM Reply   
Ah come on, I went out a month ago and the water was 58, with the air 50 in the morning and rode w/o a wetsuit. But that's nebraska for ya.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       10-27-2003, 1:12 PM Reply   
Thanks to Rod for taking Kate, Susie, and myself out yesterday. We all had a good time with Rod hitting a super clean backroll. Even I rode without a wetsuit Sunday and was plenty warm. These days I hate falling, and somehow managed to pull off never missing a wake to wake jump, in two short sets. Pain free today :-) I rode cautiously though staying in control most of the time....except those on coming wake deals. Some passing boats just do not have my type of wakes
Old    jetgofish            10-27-2003, 1:18 PM Reply   
Peter, long time no hear!!! How are you?
Old    deltahoosier            10-27-2003, 1:20 PM Reply   
It was on heck of a day. I saw Christie's new boat too ) That is pretty sharp ride. We saw Jason and Stef, Cory and Tammy. We saw the whole crew. That was awesome. Peter was looking good for laying off so long. I loved the way you were tweaking everything out. Lot's of style. Hopefully get some more riding in soon.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-27-2003, 1:36 PM Reply   
Sorry I missed everybody! I was home pumping the Vitamin C and trying to shake off this cold bug. Sounds like I missed an awesome time! You all please let me know if there are plans to go out again next weekend or whenever.
Everybody send positive thoughts to Jason this coming Thursday when he goes in for the ACL overhaul. You'll be good as new in no time!!
Old    kimo            10-27-2003, 2:21 PM Reply   
Thanks, i had a great time too. Nice session, cold beer, perfict condidtions, and an fun crew. Nice boat mark, killer wake, and thanks for the pulls Dave. Sorry I didn't get to see you ride. Rod, were did you get that kid? Nathan was great! T-dog nice ollies. Teri, it was a pleasure to ride with you, your going to stick that back roll next time out!

Christie, it was nice to finally meet you, nice boat!
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-27-2003, 3:04 PM Reply   
Dococ - You have a reserved spot already...how about Sunday?

Jim - It was nice to meet you as well.

Paynster - Good luck on the surgery this week! We are all crossing our fingers for a speedy recovery!
Old     (susieq)      Join Date: May 2002       10-27-2003, 3:06 PM Reply   
I second the thanks to Rod...it's alway a good time on your boat. It was great seeing Jason ride...woo hoo!! Just wait until you get back on the water Ja..look out. How did I miss seeing Christie's new ride - where was I??
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-27-2003, 3:26 PM Reply   
Susie - when we drove past you guys, you were just surfacing from a surfboard encounter gone bad....at least that is what Josh said!
Old     (susieq)      Join Date: May 2002       10-27-2003, 3:34 PM Reply   
Good one Josh!
Old     (thor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-27-2003, 5:04 PM Reply   
As everyone has already said before, yesterday was a great day on the delta. Good friends, good times, and great conditions.

It was nice meeting both Teri and Jim. I wonder if there is a spark between them? I know it was a little cold on the way back in, but I didn't have anyone to snuggle up with!!! Just kidding.

Mark thanks for the pulls. 11 people on the boat wasn't too crowded after all. Not to mention it made your wake huge. Unfortunately not huge enough to help me land that damn scarecrow yet. One of these days....

Trace, how's the knee?

Rob

P.S.
Christie beautiful boat. I think that Karen is doing well enough now at home that I should be able to sneak away for a day to ride with you when you have the room. Hint. Hint.
Old    deltahoosier            10-27-2003, 6:55 PM Reply   
11 people!! wow...That is a few people. Sounds like everyone had a good day then all around. I take it Trace got banged up? Is he OK?
Old     (houseofpayne)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-27-2003, 7:46 PM Reply   
Thanks for the well wishes guys. It's going to be a long winter! I'll still be out there with you guys being your designated driver on the water.
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-27-2003, 7:57 PM Reply   
Christie,
How's the new '04 treating you?
My '00 is on the market as we speak - I hope I sell it!
My mind is open is to which ship I will purchase.
Your feed back will be much appreiciated.
Thanks
Old    jetgofish            10-28-2003, 8:35 AM Reply   
Rod,

He didn't bang it up yesterday, guess he landed wrong on it and it started to bother him!!

Old    jetgofish            10-28-2003, 8:45 AM Reply   
Hey Rob, I didn't see your post until now!! I was just ah, keeping things warm, you could have wrapped up with us you know! That ride back was rather chilly and given that Jimmy took the last set (beautiful I might add) he was on the chilly chilly side!!!

Thanks again Mark.....
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-28-2003, 9:11 AM Reply   
Alan - I love the '04!!! I rode behind a bunch of boats before I made my decision to get the new Malibu. Everytime I got back in a Bu, it just felt like home so I had to stick with it. You know that choosing the right boat for you is a personal decision. You should just go out and ride behind and drive a bunch of them and then choose the one that is right for you.

Although, if you want my "unbiased" opinion...hehe...the Malibu is a GREAT choice!

If you decide to go with the Bu, be sure to check in with Dave at Ultimate Water Sports in San Jose!
Old     (woundedknee)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-29-2003, 9:35 AM Reply   
alright, so I look retarded on my switch ollies. But what the hell, you guys don't have to laugh at me ALL AT THE SAME TIME. (Rob, you had to point it out didn't you)I mean GEEZZ!! Kick me in my (wounded)knee while I'm down. You wanna kick my cat too, he's got a bad paw.

trace
Old    jetgofish            10-29-2003, 9:41 AM Reply   
Hey Trace...Ah we weren't laughin at you my friend, we were laughing with you, I do recall seeing ou laugh so hard you almost fell...but hey props to the second olly it was way way better than the first and much better than the sorry attempt I made too!!! Leave the cat out of it too!