Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 29, 2010

Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-25-2009, 11:13 AM Reply   
i got to ride a severance about 2 months back and fell in love with it. and my dad being as awesome as he is. gave me one for christmas.

i couldnt get a decent ollie at all though when i rode it a while back. like a foot tops.

i was told that you have to ollie a little differently on a flex board. is that true?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-25-2009, 11:19 AM Reply   
i don't feel my ollie is any different... the only thing I would make sure is that as/before your ollie flex the board to increase its rocker and have it sling you instead of flattening it out before you ollie
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-25-2009, 11:22 AM Reply   
what do you mean by flex the board nick? i cant ollie 4 feet or anything. but i can get 2-2 1/2 on my normal non flex board.

but i was getting only a foot or so doing it like i normally do. and ive seen some ridiculously huge ollies on a flex board in videos.

when i ollie, i just put some extra weight on my front foot, slam the tail down and pull up with my front foot. and it wasnt working to well for me on the severance
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-25-2009, 12:32 PM Reply   
I can ollie my recoil huge just doing the same thing I used to do on my Shane. The only thing I have noticed is that my ollie has changed from slamming the tail down as hard as i could on the non flex board to more of a fluid scoop and flick motion. Not sure if anyone can relate to what I'm saying but it works just fine for me.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-25-2009, 9:51 PM Reply   
you know if you're standing on flat hard ground you can flex the board to the tip/tail.... just think of doing that as you dig the board into the water for the ollie when you let up and the water pushes back the two work together to boost you
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-25-2009, 10:06 PM Reply   
oh okay. i see. ill have to try it
Old     (ilboarder12)      Join Date: May 2009       12-26-2009, 8:10 AM Reply   
i would say watch a pro snowboarder ollie. to me this is the closest comparison in the mechanics and fluidity to flex wakeboard ollie. just with wakeboarding you can get a little help from the water
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-26-2009, 11:10 AM Reply   
Heck its a flex board, get it on in the living room and practice. You aren't going to hurt the thing so test it and feel the flex, see how it responds.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-02-2010, 9:57 AM Reply   
I rode a severance in the summer and noticed that ollieing felt a lot more like on a snowboard. Instead of thinking about slamming the tail, I think about pressing back onto it and then letting the flex pop me up.