Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-19-2010, 9:31 AM Reply   
I'm picking up a new rope this weekend, and was thinking of picking up one of the ronix ropes. Does anyone have any exp with them, or should I go a different route?
Old     (ColoRadDude)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-19-2010, 10:13 AM Reply   
My buddy Derek that I ride with just picked up a Ronix line and handle and so far he is pleased with it.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-19-2010, 10:18 AM Reply   
Yeah I have last years Ronix North handle that I like a lot, but my accurate line is old, tangles if the wind changes directions, and is too short. I want a coated line that doesn't tangle easily, about 80ft with multiple sections I can take off to adjust. I'm going to add a 5ft stretch extension to it to take some of the pressure off of my elbows.
Old    ausbill32            04-19-2010, 12:15 PM Reply   
I like the bullet line and I picked up the leather handle. I had bullet line on my last boat for 2 years and it was solid until some jack azz drove between me and my rider cutting my rope in half. He ended up arrested with a DUI after I called the lake police.

My new bullet line is strong and doesn't strech. I like the new leather handle too, super comfy on the my hands plus it has a cheater handle for learning new tricks. The line I've used before but the handle is only 3 weeks old so I'm not sure how long it's going to last. It appears to be constructed very well and I take care of my things so hopefully a good year or two.

http://www.bulletlines.com/wakeboard-handle-s/13.htm
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-19-2010, 12:39 PM Reply   
Ronix coated lines are awesome. We ran one all last year and it still feels brand new. Pair that with the Midas or Frank Ronix handles and you will not be disappointed.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-19-2010, 12:47 PM Reply   
I got a coated ronix line a while back, and from the start it had some stretch in it. about a foot of stretch in 80 feet actually. but that went away after a few rides. but after 4 or 5 trips out the coating started to bunch up and peel off in spots. I wasn't impressed with it at all. so i put it on the bottom of my spool on my winch just as an extra little bit if i'm hitting a longer spot. i figure you can never have to much line.

but for their handles. AWESOME

i recommend the accurate A line. we have been using one for over a year now, and we go pretty much every weekend and it shows no wear, no snags on the coating, nothing. its in perfect shape. I'm sure this next part was just pure luck. but i ran over our line once, and it wrapped around the prop a good five times. no nicks or anything. no damage at all. that's still the line we use most often and that was about a year ago. my point though, the coating takes a beating. highly recommend it.
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-19-2010, 2:45 PM Reply   
" I had bullet line on my last boat for 2 years and it was solid until some jack azz drove between me and my rider cutting my rope in half."

Serious!?? Wow that must have been so dangerous and scary for the rider.
We've had idiots in small boats tail us and try to jump the wake which was scary for the rider cos if they fall the boat is right behind thm, usually being driven by a drunk who can't drive the thing properly sober. But to come between you and the rider..... doesn't bare thinking about.
Old    ausbill32            04-19-2010, 2:57 PM Reply   
My rider had fallen and I circled around to pick him up. As I was waiting for him to catch his breath and this boat to pass us, that boat suddenly swerved behind me in order to get closer to the shoreline. The driver admitted to not seeing my rider in the water after he stopped to apologize because we were yelling at the top of our lungs. I called the cops even though he apologized because he was totally intoxicated and it became a bad situation real quick. My friend almost jumped in his boat and beat the crap out of him. In Texas you don't have to use the orange flags to alert other drivers.

Last edited by ausbill32; 04-19-2010 at 3:00 PM.
Old     (k9fxr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-19-2010, 9:00 PM Reply   
"My friend almost jumped in his boat and beat the crap out of him. In Texas you don't have to use the orange flags to alert other drivers. '
In Detroit we just pop a cap in their ass, we dont need flags either
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       04-20-2010, 9:25 AM Reply   
have had my same Accurate A line for 3 full years - avg 9-10 months riding per year. Dont think ill be replacing it anytime soon either.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-20-2010, 10:14 AM Reply   
Chris PM sent.
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-20-2010, 7:05 PM Reply   
are you looking for a handle as well, or just a mainline? either way my favorite line and handle out there is the neon accurate chamois package. the rope is so bright you can see it from space and the total length is either 75 or 85 feet depending if you get a-line or x-line. the handle is super light, floats, will never get handle roll and has a soft yet tacky when wet grip. its my favorite handle since the old premier. and getting the package is a sick deal, you get the handle for like an extra $30 or something vs. buying the rope by itself.
here's what they look like

http://www.hyperlite.com/products/305858

Last edited by tom_paz; 04-20-2010 at 7:08 PM.