Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old    chasepriest            05-05-2004, 5:13 PM Reply   
Ok I was just wondering if this seems like crap to everybody else. I bought some Zues bindings from Boarders Paradise, used them twice they broke. I send them back they tell me it will be about a week, no problem. Well the day before I expect to be getting them in the mail I get a call from them telling me they have to send them to CWB before they can do anything. So they said that would take about a week and a half. So by the time they get back to me I will have lost a month of riding. Shouldnt they be eating the defective bindings they sold me and sending me a new pair? Im a little pissed about the situation.
Old    tutman            05-05-2004, 5:21 PM Reply   
That's one of the reasons I like to support my local board shop. I've broken my '02 Belmonts a few times and haven't missed a day of riding (I'm still riding them, Gramps!). They are now '02,/'03,/'04 Belmonts.
Old    chasepriest            05-05-2004, 5:30 PM Reply   
thats definately my path from now on because this is crap, getting a better price was not worth this hassle.

Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-05-2004, 7:22 PM Reply   
A decent board shop would fix them onsite or give you another pair.
Old    chasepriest            05-05-2004, 7:38 PM Reply   
They would even if I didnt buy them there?
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-05-2004, 10:50 PM Reply   
as long as the shop likes you they will. mine did when I got my CD's
Old    rypayne            05-05-2004, 11:15 PM Reply   
my 2002 parks ripped in 2003. the shop had to send them in but i got to rent anything i wanted for free (boards and bindings). i got them back with the 2003 overlay things. so they were red and blue. they were cool, but something broke on them and my foot was getting cut up. i sent them back and again i was able to rent anything for free. they sent back brand new 2003's but the shop accidently sold them to someone. it was ok because by that time the season was almost over for me. so, this year they gave me 2004's for free. i paid for 2002's then used 2003s for free and then given 2004. i didnt complain.
Old     (cowdoc13)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-06-2004, 5:26 AM Reply   
There are no board shops in my area. Closest one is 2 hours away. When I have had problems with bindings I purchased on-line, I have had good luck dealing with the customer service department of the company that made them. I had a pair of CWB Vibe bindings and the overlays ripped. I contacted CWB by e-mail, sent digital photos, and they sent me replacements for both boots at no charge. I later purchased a set of Zues bindings. The strap across the ankle was too tight, even when adjusted to the last set of holes. Again I contacted CWB and they sent me a longer set of straps at no charge. Each time, I received the repalcement parts within 5 - 7 days and was able to change them out myself without difficulty. I am not saying one should not support their local shops. I certainly would if there was one in the town I live in. But if you are like me and do not have one in your area, you may want to consider dealing directly with the manufacturer and then replacing the parts yourself. In my experience it has minimize the time I have been off the water due to equipment failure. Amanda Wolfe at CWB has been great to work with. She offerred to fix my bindings if I sent them to CWB. But, Amanda was honest enough to say it would take over a month to get them repaired and back to me. She suggested I might want to change the parts out myself. Having adjusted the Vibes when I bought them, I knew it would not be a hard to do. It was a matter of unscrewing and rescrewing screws from the base plates. I certainly symapthize with you and understand your frustrations. I too would be pissed if I bought a pair of binding that broke the second time I used them. I am simply offering an alternative if there is no board shop in your area.
Old    chasepriest            05-06-2004, 9:24 AM Reply   
thanks for all the help I wish I had done this before I had sent them off. Now im stuck here with good ideas and nothing to do about it.
Old     (zride)      Join Date: May 2001       05-06-2004, 9:38 AM Reply   
The store, Boarders-Paradise should not have to "eat" the cost of the bindings because as a retail business they are not in it to lose money because of some other company's defective product. Although they should have relations with the binding company where they are trusted in terms as to whether a product is defective or not. Certainly with merchandise involving wakeboarding a company should be more understanding that wakeboarding is a sport that is short seasoned. Merchandise repairs and defects should be taken care of promptly. The binding company should be the one that eats the cost of the bindings. They should have told boarders paradise that they will credit their account for the cost of the bindings and to go ahead and replace them out of their inventory. You would have been on your way in a couple of days. Thats how we do it at our family business but some companies want to see the defective merchandise before makeing the decision as to whether they will repair or replace it. Good luck with everything. Hope you get your bindings soon and are back on the water riding.

(Message edited by zride on May 06, 2004)

Old    chasepriest            05-06-2004, 11:58 AM Reply   
My bad, thats who I meant should be "eating" the messed up bindings not B.P., should have been more clear. Do you think its to late to straight to CWB with this since they have my bindings now? we can get rid of the middle man.
Old    the_intern            05-06-2004, 12:29 PM Reply   
Chase,

I am sorry about your binding problem. You can still contact us directly at CWB for assistance my calling 800-234-7547. I have checked with our warranty department and we have not received any binding from Boaters Paradise for repair. I am guessing this is the store you purchased them at because we do not have a Boarders Paradise dealer in Tennesse. Please contact us at that number and we will get you back out on the water ASAP.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-06-2004, 12:57 PM Reply   
I work directly with Boarders paradise and can research it for you. Hit me back directly with all of your details.

skurfgod@sbcglobal.net
Old    akman            05-06-2004, 1:51 PM Reply   
Adam, If you start to grow a 6th toe don't blame me.......I can't believe those old things are still holding strong for you.

I support my local board shop for this very reason, I have torn overlays on my bindings and I just take em in and they fix them within 30 minutes, I blew a seal in my dry suit and they let me borrow one until mine was fixed, if I don't like something they let me exchange it no questions asked.

Tyler and the guys at WAKESPORTS UNLIMITED in San Diego and Orange ROCK!!!!

Gramps
Old    chasepriest            05-07-2004, 9:16 AM Reply   
Ok Justin at CWB is the man, he got this things taken care if, instead of the close to a month it was going to take to get my bindings back, he got it workd out so i will be on the water by mid next week. Thanks for all the help guys.