Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 27, 2006

Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-06-2006, 9:42 PM Reply   
Just wondering about private lakes in so-cal. I'm use to the water on the delta and know that you can't get predictable water on lakes. So I figured that private might be the only way to go anyone have any info on the lakes in or around the Temecula, Elsinore area. Houses on the lake are a plus.
Thanks
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-06-2006, 11:19 PM Reply   
Vail is about it I think. Not so great but then again i went only once. It was nice early on but by mid morning their where only 6 boats out and the lake was pretty thrashed at that point. I could be wrong so check in to it. Its has a nice private feel to it though.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-06-2006, 11:48 PM Reply   
lots of homes at canyon lake are lakefront. the problem is, that's not where the best water is. the backwater of canyon lake is where it's at.

i've only ridden it a couple times, but vail's nice, too, but as far as i know, no lakefront homes.

don't even think about elsinore, unless the only riding you want to do is in the winter.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-06-2006, 11:51 PM Reply   
I was up at lake Almanor last weekend. With only a few boats and a little wind it was a wave pond. Dang, its tough to beat the delta.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-07-2006, 9:42 AM Reply   
Al - Are you relocating? Sorry to hear that (I'm a big fan of the Delta area). If you want to come down to check it out, I could take you out on the backwater, show you Canyon, intro you some peeps, etc. Probably closest you can get to Delta conditions/style in SoCal. Shoot me a PM.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-07-2006, 10:09 AM Reply   
I rode the backwater once earlier this year. if my wife did not like her job so much, we would move to Canyon in a heartbeat.
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-07-2006, 10:16 AM Reply   
Takle,
No not moving just trying to see whats around down there mostly for my bro. He lives in Newport but works in Ontario. Hes lookin to buy.
But I might take you up on that offer next time I'm down there. We go down once or twice a month.
Al
Old     (cheeseman)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-07-2006, 10:36 AM Reply   
Al,

In Bakersfield there is a place called Ski West Village. There is 7 or 8 private lakes in this development and one of them is 9-10 feet deep for wakeboarding. Two hours away, however, good riding.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-07-2006, 10:44 AM Reply   
bakersfield to ontario...that's a long ass commute!
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-07-2006, 11:45 AM Reply   
GD: i have a house at Lake Almanor and i can ride all day with little chop even if its windy..you have to find the spot...it is small and secluded!
Old     (cheeseman)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-07-2006, 12:35 PM Reply   
Joe,

We travel 3 hours up to Villa Lagos from Discovery Bay to ride on a private lake on a regular basis. It all depends what you want and what you are willing to give up
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-07-2006, 4:05 PM Reply   
Sunset Ranch south of La Quinta/Palms Springs in the desert. No houses, 5-6 ft deep mostly a slalom lake i think sells year memberships and weekend rental. Lots of private sites in Bakersfield/Arvin, Paradise. Precision Ranch, Ski West, Ironwood, Creekside... and most have houses. Handful of private lakes in Barstow too. These are mostly slalom sites and I havnt been out to them in years. I would guess they are getting wakeboard friendly, or not.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-07-2006, 9:45 PM Reply   
yup in just outside of bako in a little farm town called arvin is the best riding in socal. its almost just outside the socal boundaries but you cant beat perfect conditions almost 24-7. if you get onto paradise or precision the lakes are 10-5 feet deep and are butter even when the wind is blowin a million miles an hour. the rest of the lakes out there are only chest deep and are no good for wakeboarding if you like big wakes. if your into skiboarding on a slalom wake its perfect
Old     (spin2win)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-08-2006, 7:27 AM Reply   
jason they re-did ski west.....all three lakes are now deep...I dont think that any bako lakes you can rent anymore. I think I heard about this kid who went up on the rocks around one of the islands a few years back and even a rumor that I might have drivin in the back of the jump ramp at paradise.....its things like that that made them stop renting the lake. now were stuck to the dirty bv.